English Premier League Season 2023/24

OK, so if “you” as a “working/salaried person” were to be offered a new job in your field of expertise, with a similarly “astronomical” salary, would you not take it?

And if not, why not?

I’m no longer working or salaried. But when I was, I would almost certainly have taken the filthy lucre, and stashed away as much as I could for as long I could stand it.

3 Likes

No, I wouldn’t. I would keep eating my gruel and drinking my swill, try to avoid the employer’s whip, beg for mercy when I did any work wrong, thank my employers for employing me, and thank God that I wasn’t an Arsenal fan.

2 Likes

Now, seriously, of course I would take the dosh. No brainer.

3 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t take it from the Saudi’s because I wouldn’t want to work and live somewhere like that and the £30k a week I was on would soften the blow but anywhere else of course I’d be off like a rocket.

Mount signing complete. Think it’s a good buy. Certainly not a backwards step. Creativity and goals. Very welcome

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Where’s Declan ? In hiding hoping for a last ditch bid by City ?

Well ya can’t blame him…

Declan Rice deal finally agreed medical booked for this week.

Rice Rice Baby

Hmm! As a fellow ManU fan, I’m not sure I agree. Never quite understood why Southgate started him so often for England. But another midfield player is hardly the correct priority imho. A new “spine” is surely what’s most needed, ie world class goalkeeper, centre back and centre forward. Not sure whether it’s due to the seeming ownership impasse, but we seem to be miles behind our rivals in terms of transfer activity. That includes getting rid of at least half a dozen players who need to be moved on asap.

Agree with all of that Steve. But he’s better than fred and Mc Tom. And also I can’t help but notice Casermiro and eriksen are getting old! I thought Casermiro dropped right off at the back end of last season

Atb
Kk

1 Like

I’ll not hear a word against McTominay the Viking Warrior. He’s not really the boy for the silky skills, no. But he’s been immense for Scotland lately.

1 Like

Yep. Medical on Friday so hopefully it will all be done and dusted before the weekend and we get our hands on all that lovely loot. And waste it, probably.

Lego Head’s already booked Rice in for an intensive diving course with Tom Daly from Monday-Wednesday then a face clutching and looking at the ref through his fingers course Thursday and Friday… he’s going to be a busy boy!

6 Likes

I would love to see McTom at WHU. I think he’s the kind of player The Moyesiah might really get something from.

2 Likes

Indeed Mike – a bit like Rice going to the Goons.

1 Like

I was at a first aid course today where the instructor (trying to point out that football players often do the sign of the cross on their bodies) asked what footballers often do before taking penalties. I answered “roll around looking like they’re about to die in order to get a red card”. She did not look impressed!

5 Likes

Agree. I’ve always rated Mount: creative, energetic and not afraid to put his foot in. That said, I should disclose that I’m probably a bit biased towards Mount because he’s a Pompey fan. No doubt he gets plenty of ribbing the dressing room from the other players - 'you support who?!"

1 Like

Would you like some chips with that salt Kev?

You’ve missed the session with the WWE on learning how to sell

Both David Ornstein and Fabrizio Romano have posted that Arsenal and Ajax have agreed a £40 million deal for 22 year old Dutch international Jurrien Timber and the player is on his way to London for a medical.

The right back is also a very accomplished right sided centre back and will offer cover for both Ben White and William Saliba whose injury last March pretty much cost Arsenal a full shot at the PL Title…

My impression of Mount is that he has some brilliant games and then some where he seems invisible. Maybe I’m wrong (there’s always a first time) and Jamie (who’s watched him much more than me) can correct me.