English Premier League Season 2023/24

Yep. True that.

P.S. Bob didn’t really write that… :upside_down_face:

The chips are on your shoulder at the moment, Bob.

But, Arsenal fans never learn…

He will certainly be disappointed with his form in the 22/23 season, including for England. But he is still young.

I think that is a fair description

Twice in one evening I agree with a Spurs fan….:flushed:

1 Like

He’d be a great fit, if the Irons could afford his doubtless huge salary.

1 Like

Only two things you can do…

Or ‘come out’ and admit you are one of us …

1 Like

No chance…a friend who is doing some work for the Spurs board told me they could get me seats in a box if I wanted…I said yes that would be great when there is a concert on or a boxing match :flushed::joy:

2 Likes

If last season is anything to go by, then this season, move over I’m joining you :rofl:. Now, what time is Beyonce coming on stage ??

:rofl:

Then again, watching Romero at Centre Back can be similar to a boxing match…

1 Like

Don’t do that again. I don’t mind all the banter and piss taking but do not add things to my posts to make it look like I’ve said things I haven’t said.

1 Like

Post amended, to clarify…

:upside_down_face:

Mason’s a very good player. He’s also a very decent bloke. And very passionate about his club.

I think those were three terrific attributes to have at Derby when he was there and that first full season at Chelsea. He has played some wonderful games for us. But not so much last season.

Something went wrong for him and the club in the first half of 2022, before the whole Russia thing. He’s not really got his mojo back since. And I think he and Chelsea really needed to part for the good of both.

2 Likes

He may not of written that last piece but we all know it to be true :joy:

1 Like

Just on way back from National Theatre to see James Graham’s new play about Gareth Southgate and the England squad - ‘Dear England’. Joseph Fiennes just brilliant as Gareth. Very funny and moving at times. If you can get to see it then highly recommended

1 Like

One thing I can say in defence of the Arsenal spending spree… :wink:

At least they are willing to spend what they need to, to get their main targets.

Ol’ baldy down the Lane is constantly trying to save a bob or two all the time, meaning we either miss out on players or we decide to buy second or third choice players.

We are currently after two CB’s but it looks like we won’t pay the going rate for the most favoured one and will sign the cheaper no. 2 choice and supplement the defence with a CB who Barca are desperate to offload and who, on loan, was hardly inspiring for us last season.

Well, we’ll save a bob or two. Joe Lewis needs it I suppose.

Just a reminder to all England U21 take on Spain in the final of the U21 Euros.

Free on UEFA tv via the internet.

And on Channel 4

Congratulations to England U21. An absorbing game with drama right to the end. I was impressed by England’s grit and resilience against a highly technically competent Spanish side, and going all the way through a tournament with a 100% win record and without conceding single goal is remarkable.

2 Likes

Yes an excellent game and the penalty save right at the death was rightly saved by Trafford. Gareth could do a lot worse than replacing many of the old has beens he insists on picking with some of that excellent young team.

1 Like

Interesting interview with Jaap Stam and sports journalist and Arsenal fan Charles Watts discussing Jurrien Timber.