English Premier League Season 2023/24

It’s a big weekend in the Premier League this weekend The Arsenal can go top temporarily if they beat Brentford at The Emirates on Saturday evening and will stay there if Liverpool draw with The Cheats up at Anfield on Sunday afternoon.

The battle for Champions League places is also hotting up with The Villa taking on The Spuds at Villa Park in the early kick off on Sunday and if Villa win Man U can close the gap on The Spuds to just three points if they can beat an out of form Everton up at OT at midday today.

Elsewhere there is a mid table clash between the Billion pound spenders Chelsea and the worlds richest team Newcastle at Stamford Bridge on Monday night a win would be big for either team in their chase for European football next season.

Any points for Luton Town against Palace this afternoon would be great for them as they have a game in hand on all the teams around them also at the bottom Forest can climb further out of trouble if they beat the European place chasing Super Seagulls down at the Amex tomorrow.

3 Likes

Obviously hoping that Lu’on don’t get any points today

COYP

Exactly my thoughts (dedicated Forest fan)

1 Like

:grin: obviously not my thoughts…

Top of the league. King Kai Havertz with his biggest goal tally in the PL.

Ramsdale owes Havertz a drink.

Two less than Super King Richarlison…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@Jamiewednesday - Will Arsenal and I have something in common this weekend…top of the league for 24 hours :thinking::joy:

Havertz is still lagging behind the great Chris Wood :rofl: . So far it does seem like a genuine 3 horse race for the title. Long may it continue, but I feel that an Arsenal demise is inevitable…

2 Likes

As sure as the sun rising in the morning.

1 Like

Looks like I may have 11th place nailed down!

1 Like

Yes if it isn’t a draw up at Anfield this afternoon Arsenal will drop back into second which is still a great place to be I would prefer Liverpool didn’t win because that still means a win up at the Emptyhad in three weeks will put us in a great position.

We are challenging for the PL title again when all of the Arsenal haters said we wouldn’t that last year was a freak because everyone else had dropped off and that we would never get another chance. Of course I would love to win the PL again after 20 years but second or third place would again secure CL and give us the funds after sales to buy a top class goal scorer a No6 to partner Declan Rice and Jurrien Timber will also be back.

Spurs looking good for the victory now as McGinn walks having attempted to sever a Spurs players leg below the knee. The challenge of a player frustrated by the Vila performance. Spurs playing much the better football.

1 Like

As an Arsenal fan and as much as I dislike The Spuds McGin is a nasty little player who for some reason escapes punishment most of the time I was happy to see him go.

McGinn nasty? That’s excessive, Bob. He’s a tremendous player and a tough competitor. Having said that, today’s red card was deserved.

McGinn never attempted in the slightest to get the ball. His aim was to take out a fellow professional, potentially breaking his leg.
He should be given a very lengthy ban.

It does seem odd how he, and his thug colleague, Mattie ‘break yer leg’ Cash, get away with such dirty play.

1 Like

No comments on the truly superb Liverpool v Manchester City match?

Was a good game so was the Spurs game (if your not a supporter of AV that is). :grin:

1 Like

The ultimate game of two halves! City dominated the first, Liverpool the second. I’m no lover of Liverpool, but their second half display was as good as any team versus City in the past few years. Bewildering decision to take De Bruyne off; City lost all guile afterwards.

Makes me laugh though reading all the aggrieved Scousers complaining about “yet another” poor decision going against them; they conveniently forget about the travesty drop ball decision that gifted them an extra 2 points against Forest.

2 Likes

De Bruyne did seem bewildered by it, that’s for sure. Pep needed to take control of midfield as City were being over-run. A rare case of Pep not wanting to lose rather than going for the win. Personally I would have taken off Alvarez instead, but who am I to argue with Pep?

No-one has mentioned the 98th minute “penalty” decision. Mac Alister seemed to go down in a heap after being tickled by Doku. There was also earlier a blatant “penalty” dive by Salah who should have been booked for simulation. Has he not heard of VAR?