English Premier League Season 2023/24

Yep. All momentum has gone. Still. It’s been a fun season. And with players back from injury over the summer, we should be competitive next season. So happy overall.

Bad fan. I have left the game early :joy::joy:

1 Like

Agree, not with leaving early though :smiley: Difficult to move to the next level now I think, as good as you are. Difficult for all but the super rich to break into the top 3 or 4. Ground looked like the tide had come in by the end :wink:

1 Like

I think breaking into the top 4 a no.

But with a good season, 6th and 7th are doable. And that gets you into Uefa Conference League . Europa League was great (and with easy countries to get to) but if you make the knockout rounds you get the 3rd place champions league teams who are (again) a step up.

I think playing fun football, chasing a minor euro competition place, and a deep run in the cup. That would be a successful season for me. The main thing is fun football :grinning:

5 Likes

Attractive football seems to be essential otherwise what’s the point turning up to watch your side battle to stay in layer 2 of the league rather than the relegation layer, layer 3, week in week out? It’s soul destroying.

2 Likes

Brighton & Hove Albion are the richest club in the Premier League under current FFP rules, there is no point being the richest club on the planet if you cannot spend that money ask Newcastle.

If Tony Bloom continues to invest wisely there is no reason B&HA cannot break into the top four I watched Aston Villa play Brighton at the Amex when they where both still in the Championship only 7 years ago and look at them.

It will all change again if the new ‘anchoring’ and wage cap rules get voted in next week…

2024-04-26 09_57_18-Window
Source: Instagram :joy:

6 Likes

Let’s all hope the FA grow some b**** and do the right thing after the hearing next season.

The day we let countries buy our football clubs (oligarchs were bad enough) was the day we finally lost control of our game. We are likely to end up with dubious champions in both the EPL & Championship and teams relegated (again) because at least 2 others bent the rules successfully. There are other teams in the EPL, I think AFCB broke the rules to gain promotion, Foxes did on an earlier occasion I recall, who shouldn’t be there. I doubt the authorities have the resources or the political will to take on (on this occasion) City’s owners given golf, F1 and other sports have succumbed to the (state) petro dollar. The integrity of the EPL is lost.

1 Like

The integrity of the Football Association League Division One was lost when the money-grabbers of the Premiership took control!

3 Likes

Agreed on all counts but we are where we are let’s just hope the financial constraints now in place prevent another Chelsea or Asterisk FC from building another all conquering team from virtually nothing.

My hope is that to fend of an independent coming in the FA will do the right thing this Autumn and reign Asterix FC back in.

1 Like

Another huge weekend for The Arsenal with possibly the biggest North London Derby for 20 years, it was 20 years ago at White Hart Lane that Tarrico gave himself cramp celebrating a last minute draw that actually handed Arsenal who went Invincible that season the League title.

A lot has happened since then both teams have lost a Champions final, both teams have had periods of dominance in terms of League positions but in terms of trophies you would have to say that Arsenal with 5 FA Cups against the spuds one league cup have been Top Dogs in North London.

This season after a strong start you would have to say that the spuds have been found out a bit tactically and lost last time out 4-0 to Newcastle and The Arsenal after a customary April blip have come back strong to give them some hope of winning the league.

Ordinarily I would say this has a draw written all over it but it is a must win for both teams the spuds are fighting for top four and can also massively derail Arsenal’s title hopes and for The Arsenal it is a must win to even have hope of winning the PL.

Should be a cracking derby.

2 Likes

Well done the hammers more points dropped by the scousers they are clinging on.

1 Like

Didn’t their loss of form coincide with the return of ‘Trent’? Or am I just seeing what I want to see :wink:

1 Like

Grief. :open_mouth:

We are playing like dog poo at the moment. 4th place in the Prem. is now beyond us.

If Arsenal don’t win tomorrow, they don’t deserve to win the league. No excuses. An easy game and win for them.

There should be no building this game up to be a major challenge. It ain’t. If they don’t win, they will have bottled it.

Yes, the pressure is on them. But that’s football.

Just got home. For the football supporters out there, I hope you love your teams, and have had a great day :black_heart::white_heart:

1 Like

I had a great day but an even better day at Selhurst Park on Wednesday :wink:

3 Likes

Yes I live near Reading, cracking stadium - but owners came in asset stripping - points deducted

A complete shambles

1 Like

That doesn’t surprise me. I hope Glasner gets a good handle on the transfer market and can ‘tumble’ into the top third from the start of the coming season :wink:

1 Like

I think whether we hang onto Eze and Olise or not, we are going to have a good season next year. If they stay then Glasner will continue to develop them and build the team around them. Palace have valued them at a minimum of £60m each so if they go that is a lot of money to play with (well at least for clubs like us) and Dougie Freedman is one of the best talent spotters in the game - just look at his January purchases of Munoz and Wharton