English Premier League Season 2023/24

You ‘ve had worse evenings than last night?

When they read the stats compared with last year , there is an improvement for Chelsea but it needs a fire sale of players

Chelsea where a club financially doped by Roman and whose bubble has now burst. Loopholes with contracts, selling hotels to try and circumvent FFP the whole thing is a bit smelly and I feel sorry for the genuine fans.

Those that jumped on board mid Roman expecting a life time of smugness and who are angry I don’t feel sorry for.

1 Like

Best fan’s sign I’ve seen for a long time. Well done, dad!

3 Likes

@TheKevster ,

Looks like you are going all-in for Amorim and the Moysiah is on a one-way ticket to Gravesend.

Not to worry if Amorim doesn’t come. Poch will be free…

:smiley:

Edit - The Beeb report about Amorim :

“His English is excellent and his recent reading material includes books about Guardiola, Mauricio Pochettino and Jose Mourinho.”

Oh, dear.

2 Likes

Magic Mateta Magic Glasner

Well, after a performance like that I think Everton deserve to stay up. Throughout the game they just seemed to want it more than Liverpool.

5 Likes

Let’s be honest, Everton have earned 41 points on the field, which makes them a solid mid-table team. Only their points deduction has put them in the position they are in. They will safely survive relegation.

4 Likes

Just on my way home from Selhurst Park. Another brilliant win and we completely dominated Newcastle. What a match, what an atmosphere!

Eagles!

4 Likes

I’m curious to see which transfers Glasner will be allowed to make 24/25

Is Klopp leaving Liverpool in a mess?

1 Like

Well done to Palace that is what can happen when you appoint a very talented, young manager with new ideas and who knows how to get the best out of his players.

4 Likes

I have to say Glasner is transforming the team. He is working well with top players - Eze, Olise etc - but also getting performances out of some our more ‘solid’ players that I simply didn’t think possible - Mateta, Hughes, Mitchell. He has successfully changed the shape of team allowing us to be both attacking and defending well at same time. He has also greatly improved fitness levels and technical skills. If we can keep our decent players I think we are going to have a very good season next year.
Hats off to Parish for appointing him and I imagine that some teams now scrabbling around for decent managers regret not keeping an eye on him.

COYP

5 Likes

Not sure what to expect tonight. Form and injuries suggest a battering by Man City, but we might just perversely sneak a 1 nil.

Looks like rain, so rain trousers and hope will be the order of the day

1 Like

Tell you what, you can have Gallagher back if…Oh and Poch can get the 196 bus over as well.

I don’t think so, a clear out may be needed , shock horror - perhaps Mo Salah and a few others, there are some absolute gems of young players coming through - and that I think may be the longer term legacy .

They look jaded and almost Newcastle like …

1 Like

Thanks but no thanks. I’d take Wharton over Gallagher any day. Plus with Hughes in current form, Lerma, Richards and Decoure ( back in the summer) , we have a rather good midfield ( for the price of one of your midfielders :rofl:). Besides, I thought the Spuds are now interested in your boy?

Possibly, not sure they’d take Poch back though.

Perhaps a job lot with Todd ‘completely useless twonk’ Boehly.

2 Likes

Agreed but Klopp is responible for the purchases of Gakpo, Nunez and Dominik Szoboszlai to name just three and pushed very hard for Caicedo and it was Klopp’s insistence that he have more say in transfers that pushed Micheal Edwards out the man who will be returning after Klopp leaves.

Gallagher is perfect for Spurs.

1 Like

Brighton already on the beach watching this performance. Should have had a penalty though at 0:4.