English Premier League Season 2023/24

Weeeellll, we’ve won 1 or 2 before now, but not this one. I guess it would complete the set.

Tough on the Geordies…Unless we get pinged for spending money we haven’t got and get excluded from Europe one season. Be handy if it’s this one!

At least the forces of darkness were routed north of the border, Bob.

All the cries of ‘Ten Hag in !!’ are encouraging. For us.

2 Likes

Yes indeed.

Another season another trophy and beating the best team in the land. Easily! No sky awards here just the real stuff.

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Well done, ManU took their chances whilst City took too long to get any effective rhythm.

I took Mrs R to her first major final (young Mr R has given his mum his ticket whilst on a gap year). Before the match we sat outside Wembley Park, people watching. All good banter and singing from both sets of well-behaved supporters. Great to see.

Mrs R enjoyed her day out even though the result was disappointing.

1 Like

Obviously that mentality Rodri was bragging about got left back at the team hotel.

He has won two trophies in two years, and in doing so beat Man City which has been the dominant team in this country.

A shed load of inconsistent performances - balanced out by injuries, incompetence / greed in the main owners . The posturing by Radcliffe will have done little to settle the team

The fault in Man Utd go way higher than the manager

3 Likes

I write this as the opening of the New York Stock Exchange approaches - the time I think any announcement about ETH’s tenure at Man United would be announced. I sincerely hope we stick with him. He has had so much rubbish to deal with and as Sir Jim commented, the ‘environment’ has been such that no manager really had much of a chance. I’d be happy to get the new leadership in and review in the early New Year. Either way, please make an announcement promptly. In my experience ETH still has the match going fans with him - sort out the players who are injured / coasting first.

I watched the Cup Final with my son, just as we watched the CL in 1999. Then he was only 6 years old, cried when we conceded and went to bed before the end of the final. I had to get him up when Teddy then Ole scored - happy days.
On Saturday I predicted we would play without a striker and win. As the match went on, we screamed, implored and finally cried happy tears. What a moment to share with family. I am so proud of the team and the way ETH coped with the pressure.

This game showed why we cheer these highly paid individuals. It isn’t their club, it is ours. Mainoo understands that, so does Rashford, Maguire and particularly Martinez. It is the same for supporters of Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle and all the other clubs. It’s not Life and Death but …

Off now to check if ETH still has our job!

4 Likes

TBH, if this is how ETH is going to be treated by the new regime then he’s better off out of it and move to a new club. To publicly dangle the prospect of sacking over him before the cup final and for a week or so after is just appalling and no way to treat him

7 Likes

Chelsea have spotted in Maresca one of the main attributes required for a Premier League manager. Can you spot it?

2 Likes

They’re all men?

2 Likes

I think CW is saying I’m perfect for the job :joy::joy::joy:

Here’s my 2 nil down at half time team talk stare

1 Like

Makes sense why they all have problems with Mikel.

I was thinking Maresca is splitting image of Pep

Hmmm, he wasn’t good enough for Parma who dumped him pretty quickly a couple of years back and this season ‘steered’ Leicester to promotion with one of the best squads, probably the fittest at least, in the Championship who had managed to get themselves relegated spectacularly against the odds only the season before.

It’s not a spectacular CV imo.

But yes he does look like Pep.

Maybe that counts?

I see Leicester have given him permission to talk to Chelsea. So it seems they’re happy take £8-10M for him…And allegedly he really, really wants the Chelsea job(!)

1 Like

Because he’ll get a big payoff when he finds himself out of his depth, results aren’t what they need to be and TB gives him the boot?

I’ve been following Chelsea since 1970, I have to admit that this constant revolving door for managers makes me wonder how the club is ever going to get back to winning the league.

1 Like

It was his childhood team and he has always dreamed of being the Chelsea manager.

Nothing to do with money.

:rofl:

I for one would rather have kept Poch, however, If I had to choose out of the names banded around I would go for Enzo M…thou it could all end in tears in a years time…

A lot of Leicester fans don’t like his style of play. Mainly lots of passing the ball around in their own half for 20 mins at a time, which is frustrating if you are 1-0 down.