English Premier League Season 2023/24

Funny isn’t it. Chelsea got a lot of stick for the long contracts in January, seems like they’re all doing it now. I noticed Jude Bellingham’s was 6 years at Real…

Strangely. Remember (sort of) him playing against us when he was about 17. At the Withdean Stadium (never has the word Stadium been so abused).

Think he was on loan at Leeds. Already generating press reports - hence we noticed / remembered. And pretty much the same. Unfussy. Comitted. Total team player.

With us having our first ever foray into Europe, he’s going to be essential :grinning:

No goals conceded though. Solid at the back !

3 Likes

Not played Brighton yet…

:rofl::rofl::rofl:. One day, the hex will explode spectacularly!

1 Like

Nay, Lad, Leeds born and bred, sithee.

1 Like

Now you’re believing the press. Do you honestly believe that each step of negotiations for a player transfer involving £100,000,000 will be instantly reported/leaked to the press?

90% of these stories if not just click bait usually come from the selling club/agents and now all of a sudden because Arsenal have low balled West Ham Pep Guardiola is waiting in the wings.

Declan is a superb player but he is not the second coming of Christ he has great potential with the right club/coach but is he really worth over £100,000,000?
And most of these structured payments are because of FFP so offering payments spread over x amount of years is quite normal and the add ons thing is just to inflate the price on paper most never get paid.

So calm down have a cold beer and put some nice tunes on your club is about to receive a huge amount to help bolster their squad does it really matter how it unfolds?

If Arsenal get Rice, the add-ons certainly won’t get paid, because Arsenal won’t be winning either the CL or PL any time soon…

2 Likes

Arsenal are dealing with David Sullivan at the end of the day who if you slap a £100 on the table will want £120 so negotiating from low to high is in my opinion the sensible way to go this isn’t a Mykhailo Mudryk situation where David Sullivan will be telling Declan Rice where he is going and clearly Declan isn’t the type of player to be swayed by another £25,000 per week.

And if he goes into a midfield with Tomas Partey and Martin Odegaard with Martinelli, Jesus and Saka in front and Ben White, William Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko and Ramsdale behind with no other additions that is a formidable starting 11 capable of beating anyone add to that other signings and there will be other signings and Arsenal will challenge.

Rice is a transformative addition to that midfield.

P.S
If the press are to be believed then Arsenal have just made a second bid worth £100,000,000 with an improved schedule of payments lets see what the little dildo seller makes of that.

If the arse get rice then I can only see at least 8 sky awards. Hands down the greatest sky awards team of the prem!

Atb
Kk

1 Like

They say opposites attract so maybe rice the bottle will be attracted to the the bottlers

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Not a bad start for Arsenal are first 6 are all in London and I believe after each Champions League away game we are playing at home.

Nah, they’ve always disliked you lot. Just like every other team’s supporters do.

They just hid it well.

1 Like

But 150,000,000 GBP from the likes of City etc. will help them move on even more.

Arsenal fans must understand that Declan doesn’t have to sign for ‘them’.

I think I’ve indadvertedly deleted my last post whilst trying to add a PS.

Just on the subject of Mancheatster City and Declan Rice of course if they came in seriously for him he could well go there but they cannot run away from those 115 charges for ever and from what I hear the PL are equally as determined to get them to face them as they are to avoid them.

If I where any player being approached by them I’d have to ask myself two things if they are innocent why are they paying Lord Pannick more than KDB to avoid proving that innocence and what happens to me if they do get found guilty.

1 Like

Crikey - Bournemouth’s American owner has sacked Gary O’ Neil. Seems very harsh on someone who lifted them well clear of relegation zone

5 Likes

Crackers.

1 Like

Ridiculous decision. Gary O’Neil did a fantastic job to steer Bournemouth to comfortable safety when he came in after their 9-0 humiliation.

Second-most stupid decision of the day is Sheff Weds getting rid of Darren Moore.

7 Likes

And Chelsea keep buying :astonished:

Hmmm, if you’re referring to Nkunku, I don’t understand all the headlines about this. The deal was agreed in January, to start on 1st July. Yet this is reported as ‘another’ signing.