English Premier League Season 2023/24

Just got mightily confused when I heard that Arsenal were looking to sign Timber…only to understand that this is the Ajax defender :grin:

4 Likes

Well they need a decent striker…

However, Harry would prefer to play for Accrington Stanley than the squatters.

I lose track. You sign so many…

Ah, but apparently we can afford to as the Saudi PIF has got bored with golfers and is now obsessed with the Chelsea squad it seems.

Islington assembley rooms for Spoon tonight. Perhaps should post in the “from the listening position”thread. But given the crest above the stage, perhaps @Bobthebuilder could comment :grinning::soccer::musical_note::guitar:

I missed that they were touring - rats

They’re supporting Black Keys at O2 tomorrow.

I suspect tonight will be better. Fantastic venue !

1 Like

It’s Islington borough coat of arms and says in Arteta we Trust

It’s a listed building. Not a lot can change. Check out the toilet seats😀. And I have never before posted such on a public forum

1 Like

Havertz, Kovacic and Kante gone then…

Ziyech, Koulibaly, Aubamayang, Pulisic, Mandy and Cucerella to go.

Probs RLC, Lukaku and a couple of others too.

13 others ‘released’.

More young players left for you to destroy

65 million for Havertz…

Come on Jamie, how did you do that ??

:confused:

Ahh, come to think of it, it was Arsenal… :laughing:

4 Likes

Absolutely out of left-field when this first broke last week and of course because it’s Arsenal it will be the subject of much derisory laughter but both Real Madrid and Bayern Munich came in for him in the last week the former even made an offer of £50 million and Bayern only pulled out because they where told the player wanted Arsenal.

So I’ll trust the footballing brains behind those three clubs rather than rival fans and let’s not forget Chelsea paid close to £80 million for him three years ago.

Arsenal are moving fast and decisive in this transfer window and that’s great as far as I’m concerned being a bit cagey with the DR deal is sensible in my opinion and I’ll be very surprised if that deal doesn’t happen this week.

A midfield of Havertz, Rice and Odegaard will do nicely.

Arsenal target Jurrien Timber is believed to have told Ajax he wants to go to Arsenal according to both Fabrizio Romano and David Ornstien Arsenal had an initial bid of £30 million turned down but are going back to Ajax with an improved bid.and a Dutch journalist has revealed that a release clause that was inserted into the contract he signed last Summer will come into effect on July 1st.

Exciting times to be an Arsenal supporter.

1 Like

Newcastle are signing Sandro Tonali from AC Milan.

Looks very comfortable to me.

1 Like

Eddie is focusing on a defensive midfielder, and Tonali is his number one priority, apparently.

1 Like

Hmmm. Can’t say I’m enthused about the development of separate football 23/24 threads: one for PL and another for EFL, seemingly because Mr Hughes doesn’t like the banter between some regular posters who happen to support PL clubs. Does that mean we’re not going to get posts on here from @dave-marshall, @suzywong, @Christoher-M etc just because Leeds and the Saints have been relegated from the PL? I hope not. Banter between fans is normal at every level of the game, and for most is enjoyable. So, I’ll stay around on here for 23/24 despite my club being in L1. In fact, I’m tempted to up the banter on the companion EFL thread. :wink:

6 Likes

BTB, loving your excitement at being an Arsenal fan…almost a kind of Spursy thing to say!

On a more serious note it will be interesting to see how MA uses Harvetz as even thou KH hasn’t lived up to expectations I personally think he is quality footballer…another Chelsea player heading to help you in your quest of maintaining top 4 in the league. :sunglasses: