English Premier League Season 2023/24

David Raya top of the league for saves made last season with 154 that’s 10 more than anyone else and 5th for clean sheets just 2 behind those in 4th, 3rd and 2nd but apparently not good enough for the Spuds.

I’ll be very happy with 9th, given we’ve Europa league too.

I think main Hope is for a good start so that we don’t have pressure of league position when playing the extra midweek games.

Uncharted territory for us !

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s official! The Arse are muggier than the Spuds!

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s funny but people aren’t cueing up to criticise Arsenal’s style of football.

I’ll take muggy over Sh**.

STOP PRESS. It’s official Arsenal have some cringy fans :joy:

Hmmm, having to rejig FFL team already.

Jesus out, Nkunku taken a knock. FFS.

Yes Jesus being out for us isn’t great but Nketiah looked sharp in pre season especially last night against Monaco but obviously it’s not ideal.

Drum roll….Chelsea preview

Oh yeah forgot the football side of things….congrats on winning the Emirates Cup on pens vs the mighty Monaco :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yes a fantastic game of football Arteta fielded a mixture of squad and first team players a really nice touch was to make Eddie Nketiah captain on the night his mentor, the man who gave him his debut Arsene Wenger returned to the Emirates to witness the unveiling of a statue of himself on the Emirates concourse.

Nketiah seemed to really enjoy being Captain as he was as sharp as I’ve ever seen him, led the line brilliantly and scored a cracking goal.

Declan Rice playing in a new advanced role left vacant by Granit Xhaka was linking up
Really well with Martinelli down the left.

On the downside we conceded another goal from a defensive error but it is pre season and it wasn’t the first choice backline.

One decent season by Arsenal and their fans show just to what degree they are obnoxious.

After the ‘bottle of the Century’ you would have thought they would learn to zip it and show a little humbleness. But no, it’s blah, blah, blah.

This thread is becoming “Arsenal dot com”, but actually nobody is interested in this sad little team.

Still, there’s next season’s bottling to look forward to.

STOP PRESS. It’s official Arsenal have huge numbers of cringy fans :joy:

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

@TheKevster I do wish you would come in for Ward-Prowse, Kev. He’s been shocking for us in open play. Which possibly explains why you haven’t!

I think Moyesiah wants him, but SAints are asking way too much money. He’s worth £20-25m at most.

So, you’re not the ‘mystery club’ bidding for Caicedo then…

1 Like

Predicted position…,12th :yawning_face: