English Premier League Season 2023/24

Not such a bad idea, mate. KT is top-notch. He seems to like Arsenal, and the fans there like him. But he’s no one’s bench-warmer.

KT has been injury prone since coming to Arsenal he arrived injured and we haven’t had more than 3/4 of a season out of him since. He has to be managed carefully but the arrival of Jurrien Timber who can play the inverted full back role from the right rather than Zinchenko on the left will give him a lot more playing time as will the CL.

Well Man U have signed a young centre forward. I know nothing about him. Must admit I was hoping for a more experienced player. But let’s see what he’s about.

Atb
Kk

Axel Disasi anyone?

Thought not.

Lesley Ugochukwu?

OK, get it now, we’re buying the French 2026 World Cup team. Except Mbappe.

Another bit of sparkle from the Chelsea juniors (and Grandad Silva) in this summer series. Won the trophy despite being the team that finished lowest in the Prem of all teams involved.

Including the Wrexham game we’ve scored 12 goals across 4 games in the last couple of weeks.

By way of comparison we scored 15 goals between January 1st and the end of May this year. Last year’s pre-season tour we managed 3 goals and all of those were against American teams, before being thumped 4-0 by Arsenal in a game we didn’t even look close to being a Chelsea team.

This time last year I was feeling a bit sick and suspected the season was not going to go well given how poorly we’d already played in the second half of the 21/22 season. Turned out to be bad as I feared, people thought I was joking when I suggested we may not make top half.

Well, this looks like a completely rejuvenated team, which of course it is. I won’t be surprised if we get spanked by City and given a lesson in Prem football by a couple of the tougher squads but genuinely a bit excited :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyway, one more friendly against Dortmund and then Liverpool at home first day of the season.

Oh and a couple of cracking goals in Brentford Villa!

1 Like
1 Like

It’s a good job we are near the end of the alphabet because we are the only PL team not to have signed anyone so there’s nothing to say!

I know how you feel although I think today we have signed the youngster Matheus Franca from Brazil who sounds like he might be a pretty good midfielder. There’s some overblown stuff floating around about him being the next KDB but if that were true we couldn’t have afforded him!

1 Like

Reports say that Arsenal are about to table a bid for Brentford’s Spanish want away keeper David Raya, personally I doubt he’ll leave Brentford to be No2 to Ramsdale but there are very strong rumours that Arsenal’s current No2 American national keeper Matt Turner is wanted by Nottingham Forest so there could be some truth in the rumours.

Things are going swimmingly at European trophy winners West Ham. In fact we’re so confident in our team, we’re not bothering with transfers this summer…

2 Likes

At least we’ve managed one!

1 Like

Go for Lukaku. You know you want to. And we’ve tried everyone else.

Raya wanted to come to Spurs. He was offered to us but we turned it down. He was deemed to be good, but not that good, and too expensive.

Exactly. When you are Euro champions you don’t need to change anything. You can even sell your best player.

1 Like