English Premier League Season 2023/24

Even with the mighty Ange, Spurs seem to be doing their best to make a complete hash of things before a ball is kicked. WTF is going on, Woy?

Good question. I think it’s all boils down to Baldy who tries to buy quality for tuppence and sell rubbish for threpence. All at the last minute.

He drags things out so long that it really undermines the manager’s ability to do much. New manager, same old Levy.

The only time Levy iis good is in situations like when parasites like Bayern think they can steamroller Spurs regarding Kane. Levy eats people like that for breakfast.

The Beeb report 'Bayern give Spurs a time ultimatum on reaching an agreement over Kane… :rofl: :rofl: Levy told Bayern to agree to 100 million pounds by tonight or aufwiedersehn.

2 Likes

Spurs turned him down!!! No WW Levy & co where to tight to pay and went for 28 year old Empoli keeper Guglielmo Vicario the oldest one for the future in town.

He managed just 7 clean sheets last season in 31 matches and conceded 39 goals but still you have Fraser the Fridge in reserve and as you say what kind of lunatic club has two of the top four keepers in the Premier League in their squad?

Now stop lying. Vicario is 26. Potentially no. 1 for next 10 years.

He played for Empoli, not AC or Inter, so criticising his goals conceded is somewhat rich. He has broken into the Italian netional team, and has a great future.

Yes BTB they did. They would not pay the ridiculous fee of 40 million for a slightly above average goalie.

Hmm, looks like Baldy has won. Bayern are coughing up the full monty for Harry.

A turgid, dozy WHUFC thrashed by Bayer Leverkusen.

It’s going to be a looooooooooong season.

MOYES OUT!

1 Like
1 Like

Surely if Moyes isn’t getting the backing from the owners

Really ? Can you give all of us a link to the match report ?

Or are you lying again ?

… or are they ?

More twists than in a Thierry Henry dive…

The problem you have now, Kev, is that you announced the sale of Rice before buying in new players. Other teams now know you have a barrel full of money. It would have been best if you had kept the Rice deal silent while you went shopping. Now, fees for you will be inflated.

The other problem is you have owners similar to our Baldy…

WW I may be misinformed as in this instance, there is a fictitious or perhaps an AI preview of the game against Barca that came up on my Youtube feed but I am not a liar this is a football thread with some football banter about teams not individuals so again because I believe this isn’t the first time we’ve had this discussion please refrain from personal insults.

How many times have I seen something similar.
Chelsea pursue new player.
Ceding team team demand squillions more than he’s ‘worth’.
Stories link Chelsea with a cheaper back up, ceding team buy back up.
Chelsea buy the original bloke.
On this occasion it’s Brighton buying Kudus from Ajax.
I assume Caicedo will soon be in blue now.

No comments or congratulations funny that. I was actually at the game yesterday and despite it still being 0-0 with just 10 minutes to go it was actually a very good game to watch very equal, I thought we edged it first half and should have taken the lead on a couple of occasions and they edged the second half.

Yes people will moan about the 8 minutes extra time but let’s hope it stops the time wasting during matches this season.

Will be interesting to see how extra time influences behaviour. Looks like 100 min games could become the norm. Wonder how many fans will stay to final whistle? Especially midweek games.

1 Like

I think you are right. The hope is though perhaps those late scoring teams a la Fergies Man U will put off the low blockers and time wasting of which EVERY team from time to time are guilty.

We will see we had a taste of it in the World Cup and it looks as if it is now policy.

I’d like to think that maybe players just won’t time waste now they know it’s being added on and are being booked for things like kicking the ball away etc, as we saw in yesterday’s Community Centre Shield match.

Maybe wishful thinking though!