English Premier League Season 2023/24

I was watching a ‘Big Match’ repeat of a Spuds Brighton game from the 70’s a while back. I liked the bit where Steve Perryman kicked the ball away and the ref. called him over and told him to go and fetch it and bring it back!

Bloody Hell @TheKevster - you’ve only gone and bought an actual player! Edson Alvarez. Sounds like you’re after Slabhead and Mctominay as well

I know it’s early days, but one thing the referees seem to be clamping down on even more than timewasting is the behaviour of managers.

I think we’ll see lots of them booked/sent to the stands, until they learn to change their ways. No bad thing.

1 Like

Arteta has already declared that he is going to find it very hard to change his match day behaviour so l guess he is expecting a few yellow or red cards. Bit silly tbh

1 Like

As will most managers.

Mmmm… he would be a good buy, but I’ll believe it when I see him on the pitch, in a WHU shirt.

McTom is the kind of player Moyesiah could get something from so why not, if the price is right. Slabhead is a complete waste of time, unless he wants to take a massive wage cut.

1 Like

Not our Roy obvs :innocent:

1 Like

And the saga continues……

As long as it is evenly balanced amongst both refs and managers.

Not sure I quite understand your point there Bob?

Bribes ?

It’s amusing to watch playground bullies Bayern being schooled by our Danny…

:rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

That all managers get treated the same by individual refs and all refs are consistent in their treatment of managers

Don’t disagree with the first part but good luck with trying to find consistency among referees !

1 Like

Oh Gord, I feel the excuses are already starting even before the season has begun … !!! :roll_eyes:

Nothing new though.

Be gentle as the pressure is now on for them to do the treble in light they have won the Emirates Cup and the Charity Shield already this season​:flushed::joy:

3 Likes

You may take the piss as it was only the Community Shield which it was and the last we won it we came 8th that year and the last three years they lost it and have won the league but what I took from watching the match where three things, first Arteta learned his lesson about trying to go toe to toe with them, second they will miss Ilkay Gundogan massively in midfield and thirdly I was at the game and they really don’t have any fans.

Me taking the proverbial ….never…:thinking: good to see Rice Rice baby has swallowed the ‘excitable’ pill, when interviewed he said ‘ I am buzzing, I have learnt so much in the last three weeks’ …seriously buzzing for winning the charity shield, doesn’t say much for wining a trophy with the Hammers and all the managers he has worked with…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Talking about being excited …

2 Likes

The usual deluded Arsenal fans.

They really are ridiculous.

1 Like