English Premier League Season 2023/24

I really don’t understand why young footballers, with their whole career ahead of them, decide that they want to play in the middle of nowhere, a barren desert, for a hotch-potch team with no history, and no culture or class. Give it twelve months, and they’ll just be another failed foreign import.

But enough about West Ham.

Now where is Ruben Neves going you say ?

I thought you were talking about Spuds…

1 Like

I have two Man U work mates who are constantly taking the piss out of Arsenal for paying an at the time club record fee for Nicolas Pepe and now believe Declan Rice will also be another expensive flop.

Listening to Darren Bent on Talk Sport I heard this really interesting/hilarious fact about the much maligned and expensive ‘flop’ Nicolas Pepe which the the two Man U supporters refused to believe and left Darren Bent’s Man U supporting co host Andy Goldstein silenced.

Now of course Pepe was an expensive flop but just to put it into some context along side Manchester United’s current flying wingers Jadon No Show and No Show Pony Anthony

Nicolas Pepe cost £72 million has played 80 games in the PL for Arsenal and scored 16 goals and made 9 assists.

Anthony and Jadon Sancho cost a combined £162 million (both more than Pepe individually) and between them have played 78 games in the PL and have scored a combined 13 goals 8 assists.

So what you are saying is Pepe was a crap buy and so were the two United players ?

I miss your point.

Eee lad, yav got a lot ta learn…

You’ve literally just summed up what I said quite succinctly and then said I miss your point.

If only your post had a point…

Whataboutery again, Bob…

Well the point is and this really shouldn’t be lost on you WW is that football supporters in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Whataboutery from a Spuds fan that is uniquely hilarious WW.

Please WW you’re making my head spin now please read my post properly this time, actually I’ll save the time.

Followed by…

‘but …’

Whataboutery excuse.

Seems Arsenal fans are a bit sensitive to the other teams supporters telling you how it is. Even if you agree Pepe was an expensive flop. You suddenly go on the attack.

It’s ok I understand your embarrassment.

You’ve named a group of Scottish players that spanned a decade or more I can name at least 8 very good Scottish players players in the EPL now Kieran Tierney, John McGin, Andrew Robertson, Aaron Hickey, Billy Gilmour, Ryan Fraser, Scott McTominay and Che Adams is going to Everton.

You are now literally talking in riddles.

It doesn’t take much to confuse an Arsenal fan.

Oh, Chelsea have signed a new player today. Fancy that !

1 Like

I’ve just picked first team squad players not Academy players from last top three sides who are from the UK.

Man City UK players, Scott Carsen, Kyle Walker, John Stones, Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, Cole Palmer, Rico Lewis, Kalvin Phillips, James McAtee.

Arsenal UK players, Aaron Ramsdale, Ben White, Kieran Tierney, Declan Rice, Bukayo Saka, Eddie Nketiah, Emile Smith Rowe, Reece Nelson. Rob Holding, Arthur Okonkwo.

Man Utd UK players, Marcus Rashford, Mason Mount, Harry McGuire, Scott McTominay, Jadon Sancho, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Luke Shaw, Brandon Williams, Kobbie Mainoo, Dean Henderson.

No clearly.

Deary me, Bob. Do you really think Che Adams can be compared to Dalglish, Dennis Law, Gilzean and Joe Jordan? My point is that Scottish football seems to have declined compared to the 70’s, 80’s even 90’s. Your list of Scottish players currently in the PL rather re-enforces my point. In my view only Robertson (at a push McGinn) could compare to those Scottish players I mentioned.

2 Likes

That’s not what I said is it?

Looks like sulky pants Salah is off