English Premier League Season 2023/24

At Arsenal if a season ticket holder cannot go to a game they can place it on the clubs ticket exchange programme first in line are silver members for any unused tickets and then after that red members, red membership is £30 per year and after a period of time as a red member you can become a silver member which is £54 per year. I have been a red member since 2017 and am not even close to becoming a silver member.

We have a flat about 50 minutes south of Valencia and have been to a few matches there the club hold back a few thousand tickets for each game which are sold on a first come first served basis on the morning of the match. I even managed to buy two tickets for the Europa League semi final against Arsenal in that way for face value of course I was in with the Valencia fans, I’ve also got tickets for Valencia v Bilbao, Levante, Athletico Madrid and Getafe.

A much better system that should be employed here in England for PL games.

1 Like

Palace inevitably had loads of possession for the last 30 minutes but didn’t actually pose much of a threat.

I think the two yellows were each rather harsh.

Is the EPL behind a paywall in the UK?

They’re doing a similar thing at Newcastle with home tickets Ravvie. You can transfer amongst your ‘friends group’ or sell back to the club.

This is the first year we’ve had digital tickets, so it’s all quite new! As I’m ‘an analogue man in a digital world’, i was quite nervous of it all but it seemed to work fine at the first home match.

It’s interesting how different clubs do things in a different way. This season, NUFC have totally changed their membership scheme, and the way that ST holders/members apply for away tickets/home tickets etc. The initial general view is that they have over-engineered it, but it’s early days…

Pete - yes. EPL games are shared across premium platforms, with the BBC broadcasting highlights via Match of the Day.

1 Like

A win is a win Bob so well done for 3 points. However, it was not a convincing win and at the moment that is not a team that looks like contenders for winning EPL. Rice looks good but really not impressed with Havertz and Nketiah’s finishing poor. Tomiyasu was a bit unlucky in that it was a soft yellow for the foul on Ayew. However, someone had to get a yellow for Arsenal’s dreadful time wasting - Arteta needs to sort that. Unfortunately for us, the loss of Wilf and Olise’s injury means that we are a bit exposed up front and couldn’t capitalise on 10 man Arsenal

1 Like

Firstly on the time wasting you got 7 extra minutes although to be fair you could have had 7 hours and not scored and Tomiyasu got sent off after a second yellow the first was for time wasting so I think that covers the time wasting issue.

I agree Nketiah should have scored the second the first was unlucky after going right through your defence and he was fouled for the penalty so he had a mixed night but is he good enough to be leading the line for Arsenal no he isn’t.

Up until the booking we were in complete control of that game but do I like Partey at right back no I don’t. Should Gabriel be on the bench no he shouldn’t but after last seasons late collapse Arteta has to try something different

But did I enjoy the game not really but Palace under the lights is a tough place to go so I’m very happy with the three points.

1 Like

If you want to collect yellow cards for time wasting this season then that is your business. What I don’t understand is why you were time wasting - you were 1-0 up and were dominant. Surely you would want to get goal number 2 and not try just defend a 1-0 score line?

1 Like

The sending off was ridiculous, but Palace didn’t do enough on the night. Arsenals downfall will be up front, unless something changes. Havertz is NOT a striker - his career goal scoring record proves that.

3 Likes

Arsenal are known as the “One-Nillers” for good reason.

1-0 is 3 points end of debate

True dat. The Arse are playing Moyesball. :thinking:

1 Like

3 points in the bag

7 Likes

9 Likes

A very clear demonstration of the gulf between the English and Scottish premier leagues at Easter Road this evening. And Villa haven’t looked like they’ve tried that hard!

I’m perplexed about what’s happened to Scottish football in the last two decades or so. Perhaps younger fans just accept the huge gap for what it is but I’m old enough to remember when all the top English clubs had a good sprinkling of top Scottish players who had headed South. I’m thinking of Mackay, Gilzean, Law, Dalglish, Bremner, Eddie Gray, Souness, Hanson, McQueen, Joe Jordan etc etc. Sad to see the decline.

2 Likes

A Roon random selection, fits the description “timeless”

.sjb

The EPL. The obscene amounts of money splashed on often-average global players rather than on developing English ones or signing Scots, Irish or Welsh ones, has made it so difficult for all UK players. The money-go-round that is the unvarnished greed of the “English” premier league has all but crushed the game in many other countries, including Scotland.

2 Likes

A sporting tangent here, but bloody well done Josh Kerr.

A stonking run in an exciting 1500m final at the WCs. Literally wiped the smile of the Norwegian’s face. Like 6 of the dwarves, he’s not happy.

1 Like