English Premier League Season 2023/24

Spurs deserved their win at Luton and did well when down to 10 men but Luton’s finishing was awful. Hard to see them doing anything other than going straight back down.

1 Like

Based on what we’ve seen so far, Derby’s record of 11 points during the 2007/08 season is under threat!

Well, Chelsea won a football match. And scored 4 goals. 4 goals!!! OK, one was an og but 4 goals!

1 Like

Man City Women hung on to an unlikely draw against WSL Champions, Chelsea, having had two players sent off.

Dreadful refereeing and even worse discipline from City. It ruined a fair match but it did make for entertaining watching, for the wrong reasons.

I am all for stamping out time wasting but referees should be more consistent (e.g. give a warning) to avoid surprise yellow cards. Greenwood was a bit slow to take a free kick, but no way should it have led to a sending off.

I demand a replay!

No Saka or Partey for Arsenal but the cheats are missing Rodri and De Bruyne so it’s game on at the Emirates.

Personally I’d have played Reece Nelson in place of Saka but let’s trust Arteta.

Ps at least Martinelli is on the bench

Entertaining game between two goods sides at the Amex stadium this afternoon, particularly the second half. A draw probably a fair result. I continue to be impressed by Mitoma every time I see him play. He gave Alexander-Arnold and Gomes real problems.

3 Likes

Despite some atrocious refereeing the points were shared at the Dildodrome against a very good Barcodes side.

A thrilling rollercoaster of a game. Kudus and Paqueta were both magnificent. Tartan Diego Simeone’s Invicible Massive Euro Cup Winning Cockney Bastards March ever on.

Irons!

3 Likes

Top game. We were better for 40mins. Then bashed twice in quick succession. Great to get the equaliser. And both teams missed a sitter.

So definitely a fair result.

Great to see Klopp and DZB having fun at the end

Mitoma on form is virtually unplayable. Beguiling…. The only defender who seems to always have him in his pocket is the Man U guy. Wam Bissaka ?

2 Likes

And great reception for MacCallister

Can someone let me know when BTB has calmed down and it is safe for me to come back to the thread?

(BTW - well done Bob for duffing over Citeh)

1 Like

He’s at the open top bus parade Chris, I’m sure he’ll be back soon.

4 Likes

Is he dressed as club mascot?

1 Like

He was cheering like crazy at the end of the game with City, and excitedly looked up at the league table…

Keano will give us the update on Sky Awards pretty soon, I think… :rofl:

2 Likes

Well done the Arse. Only another 30 games to go.

Enjoyed that a lot!
Saliba an Gabriel absolutely immense.

2 Likes

Finally overcame that curse against the cheats our back line was solid they had just one shot on target the least ever under Pep.

The first 30 minutes where a bit hairy Raya gave us all a few scares but second half we where a different class Saliba and Gabriel made both Haaland and Alvarez look ordinary Haaland again turned into a big sulky schoolgirl and tried picking a fight with the officials.

Martinelli’s introduction at half time was huge and I don’t think anyone can say we didn’t deserve the win. That’s three domestic losses on the bounce for the cheats and Pep was his usual ungracious self in defeat.

1 Like

IMG_0749
@Bobthebuilder glasses when watching the excitables …

3 Likes

Hmm. I don’t begrudge you the win @Bobthebuilder, and certainly not the euphoria of such a important victory but, as a neutral, it was a tight, even game with few chances and which both sides looked happy to draw. Of course, for any of us, our club getting a bit of luck right at the end of a tight game is something we’d all be happy to celebrate but when some perspective kicks in I’m sure most Arsenal fans will concede that wasn’t a ‘statement’ win.

4 Likes

The “One-Nillers” have again showed how to beat Citeh.

Do sod all for 90 minutes then get a lucky deflection!

Until that point it was rather a bore draw.