English Premier League Season 2023/24

Kane has been directly involved in 33 goals in his last 30 appearances for England (27 goals and six assists), including either scoring or assisting in each of his last 10 games for the Three Lions.

Pah, just a diver…

:wink:

Yep, him and our Destiny (gotta love the name) were their best players.

On second look, didn’t Scamacca (wasn’t he an enemy of James Bond ?) seem to, maybe, erm… shin it ??

I seem to remember some p1ss taking when Havertz scored for his new club - something about penalties not counting… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

p1ss ? Does that mean 1 penalty scored in a season ?

Poor Kai. Looks like your friends aren’t planning to let you take another.

He will want to retain his 100% penalty scoring record.

I think there’s a Sky Award for that.

2 Likes

Former Arsenal star the late Jose Antonio Reyes’ son Jose Antonio Reyes Jnr signed for Real Madrid yesterday.

If he is half the player his father was he will be some player.

WOW!

Played for and got :wink:

Worst performance of the season and still left with a point. I’ll take that.

Palace had worst performance of season and got absolutely punished for it :disappointed:

Tbf, I would have taken a point before the game but pretty disappointed not to get three after dominating for 80 minutes. Sanchez and Gusto lacking the quality. Positive signs though. And well played to Arsenal for getting a point from there.

1 Like

I’ve still no idea why we let Kepa, who had a decent last season, go to Real, only to replace him with someone who had become Brighton’s no. 3 choice.

Mind boggles

Felt a draw was a fair result in the end. Game was defined by errors from both teams.

We played poor but didn’t think we deserved to be 0-2 down. If it had been 0-0 after 60 mins neither team would’ve have any complaints.

1 Like

I think a point was fair in the end Chelsea deserved their point.

I know it’s, well I think it was to the letter of the law but the handball thing has just got ridiculous and needs looking at again next summer, I have no doubt it will equal out and we will get a dodgy handball penalty go in our favour before the season is over but it’s ridiculous.

That is four games in a row that David Raya has looked more like David James or even Sid James and thank God it was a loan with an option to buy because it’s not looking great so far.

And well done to Mudrat for the miss hit cross goal.

Arsenal were lucky.

Raya makes a positioning mistake, perhaps lost them a goal.

Sanchez’ mistakes cost Chelsea the game.

I don’t think I’m deluded I actually thought I was being kind you had the best chance you’ve had in a few seasons of turning us over and you effed it up. I thought Poch bottled it by taking off Sterling and Mudrat who where causing us all sorts of problems down the flanks and in the end we could of actually nicked all 3 points.

Easily Arsenal’s worst performance of the season and easily your best and we drew 2-2 so that just shows you where the two teams are both at, at this time. To come back from 2 goals down away from home in the Premier League is not easy and to do it whilst you’re playing so badly and 90% of your team is playing so badly is even harder.

I thought Declan Rice had his worst game in an Arsenal shirt but still managed to drive us on with a well taken goal. Arteta was probably forced into the tactical changes he made because Partey isn’t fully fit but playing Rice as an attacking left midfielder didn’t work and left us a bit unbalanced and light through the middle although I thought the old boy with no legs Jorginho did ok first half against the £210,000,000 Chelsea central midfielders.

We are still unbeaten in the league and are still in contention at the top of the table without getting even close to our best and what we’re capable of.

A comfortable win for Newcastle today, the game being decided by the two goals just before half time. Palace didn’t offer any real goal threat and there was no way back for them. Outstanding performance by Murphy, one goal and two great assists.

The bonus today was being able to take off key players like Trippier, Bruno and Callum ahead of the key Dortmund game on Wednesday. :black_heart::white_heart:

2 Likes

IMG_0749
Got them glasses on again….Mr DT (YouTube) seems to have a more balanced perspective

As if anyone cares what that moron thinks :roll_eyes:

Struggle with the idea of pulling up keepers for kicking or positioning errors. If you ask them to use their feet more they’ll generally make the same number of errors outfield players make. Sometimes with worse consequences. Their fault or a managerial decision which is a calculated risk?

Raya’s positioning is generally better than most EPL keepers so he makes less saves. Harsh to upbraid him for an error which was essentially no worse than much of what the rest of the team spent 45 minutes doing.

1 Like