English Premier League Season 2023/24

Strange. He speaks so highly of you…

Well done.

I’m with you on this Mike, it was a fluke goal.
Seem to recall Ramsdale getting lobbed from near the halfway line in Europe last season because he plays a high line, it happens.

1 Like

Sadly for you, the same can be said about Man. City.

1 Like

Aww, shucks, it was easy.

I agree with you both on the lob it was a miss hit cross but passing the ball into Cole Palmers feet isn’t just part of the risk and reward of having goal keepers play out from the back it’s more than that.

It’s players targeting a goalkeeper they know is not quite ‘ there’ and the back four also feeling slightly nervy. I get that asking a goalkeeper to play more like an outfield player will result in him making mistakes like an outfield player but those mistakes made by a keeper have a much, much greater chance of resulting in goals being given away.

Yes these things take time one of my all time favourite players Robert Pires took the best part of a season to fully bed in, Dennis Bergkamp one of the greatest Arsenal footballers of all time took a while to get going but goalkeeping is different.

Nah, he learnt very quickly. Probably used this…

Learn to Dive (padi.com)

Which side did TIMBRRRRRR Kane used to play for… :thinking:

Compared to Pires, Sir Harry was the epitome of angelic behaviour.

It wasn’t Pires’ fault, of course. Players like him and Hooray Henry were taught to do it by their mutual club.

Arsenal DNA.

It’s in the jeans.

An excellent European performance by The Arsenal at the Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan Stadium in Seville tonight goals from Gabriels Martinelli & Jesus put them back into the driving seat at the top of
Group B.

Jesus was electric tonight with a goal and an assist and again Declan Rice was imperious in the middle. Raya though nearly punched the ball into his own net which had nothing to do with playing out from the back and everything to do with flapping, Ramsdale must be wondering what he has to do to get a game.

Spurs now 5 points clear at the top of the PL. Bit surprised we’ve not heard from @Wugged_Woy?

1 Like

I should imagine he’s lying down in a darkened room! Or in the pub :grinning:

I was at the match last night. Very evenly matched in first half but went wrong for us after Joel Ward’s own goal. Spurs second goal was genuinely brilliant but overall I didn’t think Spurs were amazing and can see them getting duffed over soon by a better team than us. We are seriously missing Eze and Olise and their ability to score.
As an aside, I hope this doesn’t come across as sour grapes, but I found Spurs constant dropping, time wasting and general sh1thousery to be really tedious. They are a better team than that and it’s unnecessary

1 Like

It came across as sour grapes.

Your lot kicked lumps out of us all the first half. The ref did sweet FA.

You know me MDS, modest to a fault… :sweat_smile:

Just enjoying the ride. We are playing lovely football.
Clearly, we are not the finished article yet.

Just gotta say though, what fantastic signings we made in the summer - Vicario (surely the best goalie in the Prem at moment - compare him to Raya :rofl:) who only cost us 19 million !!! , and Van de Ven (surely the best Central Defender in the league).

Opposition fans keep saying (every week) that we haven’t played anyone good yet, and yes it’s true. We have only played teams who are below us in the league…

2 Likes

Lol

A question for anyone who has been watching regularly this season:

Do you think the level of time wasting has started to reduce?

For the Brighton games I’ve watched, it feels like there is a lot less (especially going down for supposed head injuries). Similarly , the last few league games I’ve seen seem to be down to 5 mins injury time rather than 8 - 10 minutes

So wondering if the hefty adding on (of injury time) is having effect?

Not at all

1 Like

I don’t think the timing of my question related well to the final aside in your post :rofl:

:rofl: