English Premier League Season 2023/24

True Grit, crispy… Respect.

2 Likes

Could be worse. You might be watching Chelsea. They. Are. Awful.

2 Likes

Agree, Jamie. Poor defensively, wasteful with several chances they’ve created…and yet…into HT level. This might be very different in the 2nd half. United can be fragile when things don’t go their way.

1 Like

Yep, AM saying how good ManU have been, I’m not so sure. If Chelsea were anything like on form I think we’d be smashing them. Lots of mistakes on both sides. Chelsea’s are just worse and more numerous than ManU. So much poor quality of touch, passing, decision making. Embarrassing.

Unfortunately I know too well Man U can not play well for 90 mins.

Atb
Kk

1 Like

And Forest cannot play well at all!

1 Like

Wow ! Looks like the Premier league title is gonna be a fight between Liverpool and Citeh.

Villa (with their top class coach - surprised no other Prem. side hired him) looking strong for 3rd.

A fight then for fourth.

1 Like

Well Man U proved to be resilient over the whole game. They were better than Chelsea. I thought Maguire played well. Pleased for him.

5 Likes

That’s got to be the worst I have seen a Chelsea team at old Trafford. Their record must be up there as one of the best.

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

I thought Liverpool looked a bit vulnerable again at the back the 2-0 scoreline flattered them a little, the front line are not at their best and surprisingly because it’s where they are supposed to be weaker it is in the midfield that they are looking stronger.

No win in four for the Cheats they’ve dropped 9 points and conceded 9 goals in those four games.

“Vulnerable at the back”. They kept a clean sheet against a promoted side, whereas Arsenal let in 3 last night against a promoted side. Just saying.

Villa v Arsenal will be worth watching on Saturday mind; that should be a good contest.

1 Like

A heartwarming game as 18 year old Jack Hinshelwood scored the winner.

He’s been with us since the age of 7. His dad played for us and his uncle managed us. So a proper local lad :grinning:

6 Likes

Congrats to any Villa fans here after your 1-0 win over City last night.

5 Likes

Us against Kev’s lot. Always a feisty, no prisoners taken, battle.

Now is probably Wham’s best moment to play us.

They will know how we will play, whatever :rofl:

Our lot did surprisingly well against Citeh, though mainly due to threpenny bit boots Haaland. We could (and should) have been buried by half-time.

Our squad is so lacking in depth that I don’t expect much - not till we have Romero, VdV, Maddison, Bentancur, Sarr, Solomon all back (and Bissouma wakes up).

Probably late January. Must battle on till then.

Here’s Erling

10 Likes

I wasn’t alone in thinking Everton had got away without a real punishment given the calibre of the 3 promoted clubs & how well they were going at the time of their points deduction. Already out of the bottom 3 and Luton have a shocking list of fixtures coming. They’ll likely be ok, just as the EPL wanted I expect.

1 Like

Everton fans will be going home very happy after tonight’s game. Huge result. I do, though, feel a bit sorry for Trippier. Given how magnificent he’s been for Newcastle since he joined them I’m sure the fans, Howe and his team-mates will forgive him his two mistakes tonight, but he’ll be hurting.

3 Likes

Some tired Toon legs out there tonight and you are right, Trippier rarely makes mistakes so 2 in 8 minutes was a real surprise.

Kudos to Everton though, showing some good fighting spirit at the moment (although I could do without Pickfords antics)

1 Like

Spurs don’t appear to have much interest in the fine art of defending and (without Maddison?) seem to run out of ideas against a tight defence. My daughter’s partner’s a life long Spurs fan so I’m keen to see them do well for his sake.

I’d love to know exactly what you think the punishment should have been. Everton are out of the drop zone on merit having still accumulated more points than the teams below them. Luton’s run of games is irrelevant - each team plays each other twice.