Error cant connect to spotify server

Did you do the update last time using this PC? If so it should be fine (see below) but if you haven’t done a firmware upgrade with this PC then you need to download the USB driver first. It’s all explained in detail in the notes that you can access from the same place as the firmware upgrade programme on Naim’s website.

The other thing which caused me a few moments of doubt is that you must connect the USB lead and power up the streamer before you load the updater program.

What I mean is that you can’t start the program, get to the point where it tells you to select the port, then connect the cable and turn the streamer on. The program will never work if you try that!

Also the USB cable needs to be fully wired. There used to be cables that looked right supplied with digital cameras etc. But many of those were intended only for dc charging. You need the data connections to be wired too for this Naim updater.

Hi David, the instructions you provided worked great and Spotify is running…. However I now seem to get a somewhat recurring network error. The error reads ‘ No network. Please press ok to retry’

This flashes up when the Naim is sitting idle in Spotify mode. When it occurs during playback it stops the track and restarts from beginning when I press ok.

Any ideas? Could be an IP clash or similar?

Regards

James

1 Like

How are you connecting the UQ2 to the network? If it’s WiFi then that’s probably your problem. If it’s Ethernet, then it suggests something is wrong with your network.

The traditional advice is to turn off everything including the router and any Ethernet switches as well as the UQ2 and any home server (eg NAS or PC). Then restart the router first. Once it is fully back on line, restart any switches etc, then the server if present and then the UQ2.

Even if the network is working well for everything else, Naim uses particular standard protocols that are not used by all others and one of those may have stopped for some odd reason. Hence the restart.

Thanks David. I’ll give it a go and report back.

David the other thing I saw you mention in a thread was to do with the firmware upgrade…

I think you asked the user if they had preformed a factory reset of the UN after the firmware had been upgraded?

I didn’t do this when I did the firmware. Does tgat natter?

With the old streamers Naim used to say you should do a factory reset after a firmware upgrade, but I had five of them and did many firmware upgrades as part of the beta team. I never used to do the factory resets. So I would say don’t bother, but on the other hand it’s easy to do, so do it if you go on having the problem.

On the new streamers, the story is slightly different and I might have recommended a factory reset after a firmware upgrade, depending what the issue was.

Hi David, I tried the reboot in the order you listed but the UC still has the same network error…IP address conflict?

Very unlikely to be an IP conflict unless you have set the UQ2 to use a fixed IP address. If you have done that, then set it back to use DHCP and restart everything again.

Hi David. Me again from NZ.

The UQ2 has been plodding along and drops out while playing stuff by saying there’s ‘No Network’- press ok etc. I have just kind of got used to it however now it’s just started flashing up a ‘Fault 61 BridgeCo init fail’

This error locks the unit and I can only reboot it by cutting power. This seemed to help but now it’s just stuck on it no matter how many times I turn it off/on.

Theses a bit of discussion in the various threads but figured I’d ask if you can help?

Regards

James

Hi James

Sorry to say but that is a hardware fault error message. I forget the exact details but it means two parts of the streamer that talk to each other on start up are failing to do so. Sometimes that can be caused by a software glitch and restarting the unit is enough to sort it out. But if it regularly recurs on startup then it’s going to be a hardware issue I think.

If it were me then I would probably disconnect the unit, take the case off and with due electrostatic discharge care arrangements, waggle all the internal plugs and sockets in the hope that it’s a bad connection. In the UK you could ask a dealer to do that, but I gather that life is more complex for Naim owners in NZ.

@NeilS might have another suggestion as returning it to Salisbury for repair from New Zealand is probably not economically realistic.

Sorry not to be able to help further myself.

1 Like

David is correct - that is a hardware fault. The controller on the streaming card is unable to initialise.
Difficult to say why, but it’s usually down to the card itself. We are unable to replace the card these days & component level fixes are limited due the ICs being EOL.
We are always willing to assess the problem if returned to HQ, but be prepared for a “no fix” diagnosis.
As David says, a return from NZ with that prognosis, may not be viable.

Regards
Neil.

1 Like

Thanks David.

1 Like

Thanks Neill… seems a shame that it could be written off. We’re the steaming boards available prior to covid?

It has previously been posted here that the streaming boards were bought in and unfortunately Naim have now (since some months) used up all their stock. The card can’t be re-ordered because of some components being EOL.

I don’t believe it was anything directly to do with Covid, although the Naim service dept is very busy and that may be a consequence of people being stuck at home and blowing the dust off and powering up their old HiFi! So the demand for streamer cards, for example to enable screen changes in the oldest Unitis, may be attributed to Covid I suppose!

ref original topic “cant connect to Spotify server”.

I had this too from March to August 2022. Seemed Spotify changed some settings so that the 272 and other streamers (using older firmware) could no longer get Spotify Connect at all.

Good news it seems, Spotify have sorted this. As of this week, older streamers like my 272, now have Spotify Connect back!

Sill worth updating the firmware to version 4.8 say many Naimites however, slightly clearer more dynamic sound apparently. I’m hoping to find a dealer in Birmingham to do this update for me soon. Mindya Version 4.9 might now be soon on the cards?

There is no version 4.9 in the offing so far as I know…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.