Ethernet cables - YOUR LISTENING Shooutout Summary

Someone needs to do a shootout between Chord C-Stream, Shawline, Epic and AQ Vodka for me! So I dont have to go through any of the hassle. Or wait, isnt that the reason to why I got into hifi, to endlessly fiddle…Hehe

Update: Said and done. I’ve borrowed Shawline and Epic from my dealer today.
Full review when this week is over or perhaps before then. Initial impressions though: Shawline is probably my keeper. Its NOT polite and loads of fun, sounds like Naim :grin:

2 Likes

I’m yet to try The Chord Company Ethernet cables. By all accounts they’re very, very good. I did look into purchasing a Signature Super Array for the last leg but decided on a XPS DR instead. I’m really enjoying the AQ full loom with the EE switch. Music sounds more exquisite, like going full active with my old Credos. :smiley:

My declawed Chord Music :smile:

Why declawed?

Hello Dave,

Declawed, because it’s not a Chord cable.
It is a homemade cable.
No will to copy the Chord, but when I look at it from a distance it looks a bit like it… :blush:

Declawed means you have taken a Chord cable and removed its claws (or given that it is a cable, perhaps something that looks like claws)… A better word might have been lookalike or deadringer…

The real Chord Music.
Crifo made a good joke. Look very similar, but…

Yes FR… but :joy:

@Innocent_Bystander
Thanks for the good word

1 Like

One might call it a “knock-off.” Or the French might call it an homage.

2 Likes

The real McChord maybe?

I’ll get me coat!

(FR, not worthy of explanation as this is a rather pathetic attempt at humour - I blame the confine crazies!)

3 Likes

As I don’t know who is McChord, I can’t understand.
But have to admit that Crifo joke was good. :grinning:

Look up the Wikipedia Definition of ‘The Real McCoy’.

Just substituted McCoy with McCord.

Told you it was pathetic!

1 Like

Thanks for explaining your joke, Nigel. :grin:

Yep, too cryptic to be funny.

I shall do better in future.

1 Like

I was thinking of that…It was a movie with Steve McQueen if I remember well?
Pathetic? No. Could do better? Yes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You are a hard man, FR.

1 Like

Not hard Nigel. You were harder than me. :joy:

1 Like

Don’t be so hard on yourself!

2 Likes

When I need cheering up I usually go and cut myself a good long slice of Wickes pipe lagging and stick it around one of my cables.

2 Likes

You have a great memory JimDog.

Yes, I have had hours of fun with Wickes Pipe insulation, although I do tend get out more these days.

1 Like