Ethernet cables - YOUR LISTENING Shooutout Summary

Me too.

I’ve reached lagging nirvana at last.

Has anyone compared AQ vodka vs Chord epic (Ethernet) ? :face_with_monocle:

No, but Shawline vs Epic and Shawline had better synergy with atleast my system and speaker. Sure Epic was more impressive but less music as the dynamics and base changed too much. Should try the next step up too, guessing it will better the Shawline easily, but its five times the price or something like that

Thatks for your advice! I will try them both during the weekend. :ok_hand:

You have not shared if your new Melco gave nice improvements. Can you tell in a few words. I am curious.

As Im still busy with copying all of my albums I didn’t have time to listen any music from the server.
But I can already say that radio paradise sounds wonderful through the Melco

1 Like

@frenchrooster can you turned SongKong on at your Melco? I have some difficulties with that.

1 Like

That just the beginning :laughing:

Honestly I even don’t know what server is configured, as I changed nothing, apart selecting bridge mode vs direct mode( lan port mode via the screen) which gave me the best performance.
I believe my Melco is still on Twonky.
All my files are in Flac, because it’s the best sound on my system.
I can’t help you with metadata changing , I am not tekie for that and my dealer has no idea himself :yawning_face:

Well no problem, I always try all settings (curiosity reasons :grinning:) which are available and frustrate me when something doesn’t work properly like this Songkong

1 Like

I left Twonky because some Melco users found it the best for sound quality.

I think Minimserver will give a try. Twonky in my case can’t display every cover art (most are from HDtracks), also Minimserver is much faster.

That is odd all of my artwork is complete on Twonky including albums from HD Tracks

well, I did mass copy from my Synology over the Teracopy. :thinking: But also Minimserver is much faster.

With melco sounds incredibly better!

1 Like

Hi @frenchrooster,

What kind of hard drive (to backup your Melco ) are you using? Is it with dedicated external power supplier or not ?

Cheers,
Kacper

I have maybe 1200 albums, stored in Flac. So not a lot of space. The back up is:

1 Like

I see! Thanks and have a good wekend/ miłego weekendu!

Cheers,
Kacper

1 Like

You can ask @BertBird, he had problems with storage capacity on his Melco. Having more than 16k albums.
Don’t know if he uses the E100, powered or not by external ps.
I just know that E100 can be powered by a 12v ps.
I know that a majority follow Wav Naim recommendations, but I advise you to try Flac uncompressed, to see . Personally it sounds a bit airier for me, and takes less space.

Melco advised to use self powered drives therefore my question.

Most of my albums are in AIFF (uncompressed) format and to be honest I don’t think I will ever reach more then 80 procent (almost 6TB) capacity