Ethernet Switch and Cables Mania

Well said I was about to post something similar.

Cables make a difference, thatā€™s why people listen to them in their system and purchase them. You can say the same thing about every other CONsumerable product on the planet. The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think most people are hypocritical - most listen to and try things before they purchase and keep things in their system.

And purchase thingsā€¦

Iā€™m amazed (not intrigued) why someone would buy a ā€˜streamingā€™ cable costing Ā£4000 to use on a player that cost appreciably less

1 Like

Nothing is ever worth the money. Nothing.

yes that is an interesting angle - I hadnā€™t thought of that - I guess its what has been called a ā€˜mulletā€™ over the years on this forumā€¦

Iā€™ve tested seven cables at different price points (over a 20:1 range) and found no correlation between sound and price. I did however find substantial differences, and the cables that I found best cost <Ā£10.

2 Likes

A cheap box with expensive ā€˜hairā€™ hanging out of the back. :joy:

2 Likes

Yes I had the same experience - in all I tried around 10 cables from memory - but the most expensive was Ā£20 for 3 metres - but the difference across the cables was quite significant with my first generation streamerā€¦ with my decoupled DAC and second generation transport I found these things had far less of an impact to mostly not being discernibleā€¦ but I have used the radio test to eliminate most of my RFI around my audio equipment - and that might have a bearingā€¦

But all habits die hard - I still put a ferrite choke around the ethernet lead into my NDX2 - but I canā€™t hear any difference now with it on or off.

1 Like

I will be testing the Blue jeans against my AQ cables and will be delighted if I come to the same conclusions as yourself but experience he always taught me this is never the caseā€¦

1 Like

BTW it looks as though I am now coming to the factory visit on Thursday (but I havenā€™t been sent an ā€˜EventBrite ticketā€™, just an e-mail, so I assume theyā€™re not using that system this time).

So Iā€™ll see you, Mike and others there. :smile:

1 Like

I hope so - I have a key professional diary appointment on Thursday now that might need to change my plans

I have tried a JitterBug on my ND5 XS 2 - nothing, zilch. So I donā€™t botherā€¦ it does nothing, unlike the Voddy.

What is a JitterBug - on Google it shows me a mobile phone - which canā€™t be what is being referred to

You should probably try the Connectix Cable Systems Cat 6 UTP (and possibly also their Cat 6a SFTP cables) as well before deciding that the Audiophile network cables really do have something particularly special.

Iā€™m out. Itā€™s like being at school. Enjoy!:sunglasses:

AudioQuest jitterbug. Jitter reducer for USB interfaces. It does bugger all like most of these supposed decrapifier devices. And yes I have tried several and they made 0 difference.

1 Like

Apart from anything else, we can all see why vinyl has made come back.:.a very shrewd move by Naim with their Latest NAITs.

1 Like

Ah, youā€™re wrong. It can make quite a difference with listeners who stream from laptops and I suspect you have never experienced it.