Euro 2024

So much for summer football :cloud_with_rain: :zap: :joy:

Shame about the object throwing by fans

Complete idiots! :angry:

Can this Referee be cloned for the remaining matches? :thinking: :pray:t2:

4 Likes

Highly entertaining match!

6 Likes

"Portuguese Artur Soares Dias referees his third game of Euro 2024 having previously overseen the Netherlands’ 2-1 victory over Poland and the 1-1 draw between England and Denmark in the group stage.

Dias has been perhaps the most lenient referee at the tournament so far, giving the fewest fouls per game of any of the 19 officials to have taken charge out in Germany and issuing among the fewest yellow cards (just five)."

Top man. :+1:

4 Likes

Good info. Thanks :+1:

Very impressed with Türkiye performance. It’s just not gone Austria’s way but I repeat what a performance :tr: :+1:

1 Like

That was a save!

4 Likes

I would have bet 1 Million that was going roof of net! :grimacing:

Well done, Turkey. They and Austria served up one of the most compelling games of the tournament so far. :clap:

11 Likes

Straight from the Gordon Banks goalkeeping manual…

7 Likes

This is what I want, remember and expect from tournament football :soccer:
A total pleasure to watch :grin:

4 Likes

A total slugfest between two teams who just wanted to have a pop at each other, with none of the usual “t’ you / t’me / and back t’you again” nonsense.

Aided and abetted by a referee who wasn’t in the least bit interested in any dramatic pirouettes onto the green stuff, and who simply wanted the game to flow.

Net result? One of the most entertaining games so far.

Lessons to be learned?

“Just get up off the grass and get on with it, you diva” and bollox to VAR and it’s 1 cm offside malarkey.

9 Likes

In the end the difference, arguably, was the two keepers. Austrian goalie probably had to do better. Turkish goalie couldn’t possibly do any better. Sudden death football at its best.

6 Likes

We have some tasty quarter finals ahead me thinks.

1 Like

Judging by the solid teams left in this tournament England will have to literally improve their game if they are to have any chance of winning the next game.

1 Like

They won’t.

If they win, it will be a lucky win.

3 Likes

So cynical Jamie.

This whole Chelsea thing is an elaborate front. You’re Norwich City through & through, it’s written all over you…

2 Likes

No one watching?