Euro 2024

Why is Southgate always reactive rather than proactive? It constantly puts us on the back foot and needlessly raises my blood pressure.

1 Like

I hope England win the tournament. Only because the pundits need to zip up.

1 Like

Hanging on for penalties.

Tennis is great on BBC2 :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Congratulation England :+1:

2 Likes

Proper penalties those.

2 Likes

Congratulations :blush:

They are certainly the best penalty takers England has produced!

Lets hope that they are not needed again and England can win their semi final.

For a team that isn’t playing well a semi final against the Dutch or Turkey is a big achievement, maybe we are saving our best form for the next game.

2 Likes

Congratulations England! :clap::clap::clap:

Fantastic penalties. At last!!

England thru on penalties………we need a recount😂

3 Likes

Things can only get better….

3 Likes

Could Turkiye win the Euros?

2 Likes

Nice slip in of a bit of politics and Richard won’t even notice.

The old proactive/reactive argument always amuses. Somewhere I’m sure you can find Swiss fans bemoaning the fact their management team were proactive and wishing they’d just waited a bit longer to see what England would do before making substitutions which failed. Instead the Swiss were proactive and it changed nothing.

Football fans always think it’s dead simple.

Despite two successive promotions, fans of my club still want to know why Parky won’t sub anyone before the 65th minute. I mean, what is wrong with the man. Does he not understand that results could have been far better if hed just been more proactive. He is the most successful manager in our history but he’s definitely not good enough.

Having achieved anpther semi at least, Gareth Southgate is now clearly the most successful England manager in history and unlike Alf’s win on home soil and miserable failures elsewhere, he’s mostly done it away from home.

Still, being proactive would have won it earlier like it did for the Swiss. Oh hang on :slight_smile:

I think the next one due to pop up is about England being “lucky”. Hands up if you can name a team that won something with no luck whatsoever.

1 Like

No idea what you’re suggesting, only quoting an ex forum member.

We clearly have the best penalty takers left in the competition. I can see us playing for penalties for the next (hopefully) two games !

Who dat den?

I thought that we already were

:roll_eyes: