Euro 2024

:wink:

DrBri

2 Likes

Ex forum, ok.

Gareth has done well, very well, but we still haven’t won anything and on the way we have played so far we don’t deserve to win anything at this tournament.

But, how often has a team that isn’t playing well, a team that has ridden its luck managed to find a way to end up winning the tournament.

So maybe, just maybe, if we can ride our luck a bit more we might just make it happen, then Gareth will be unquestionably the best.

1 Like

I am starting to build up a degree of concern for the health and wellbeing of players in this year’s Euros.

Clearly so many have gone down mortally wounded, apparently being torn apart by unseen attack dogs and/or heavy weaponry I struggle to see how any team will be able to put out a first XI come the final.

The waste of Europe’s youth is akin to something from the horrors of the trenches.

5 Likes

No.

1 Like

Turkey-Netherlands is turning into a real thriller…

5 Likes

They haven’t had any particular luck, so they haven’t ridden anything. They haven’t been the best team so far, but who cares at what point in a tournament you get better better or peak. Come in England, give us something to cheer about for decades.

A bunch of millionaires running around with their sponsorship………the 66 squad got next to nothing, but played for the country.

1 Like

Different times. Your point is? This team care to my eyes and want to do well for their country. Performances have been poor to average so far. But….

Sin bins are the only way I can see stopping all this play acting.

Would any team be happy to have 2 or 3 players off the pitch at the same time? I am sure players would be unconcerned to loose a vital game because several teammates were sin binned at the same time for feighning injury.

1 Like

Bloody well is Kev

1 Like

Oranjebooms all round.

Come on England!

1 Like

Those last few minutes… knackering!

3 Likes

That was so much more fun. Like watching a different sport !

3 Likes

It was almost as if they knew that football is supposed to be entertaining

4 Likes

Guaranteed extra time and pens for Eng vs Ned.

2 Likes

Hard luck, Turkiye, who never stop fighting for the equaliser, right to the very end of the game. :tr:

1 Like

Agreed. The penalty shoot out was such a different England-watching experience. So many years of nervous failure, lack of depth in penalty taking ability saw us lose tournaments we could very possibly have won. Tonight’s shootout was joyful. I don’t think I can remember any international team ever scoring five penalties with such assurance and coolness. If nothing else happens for England this year, I’ll remember tonight’s shootout with fondness!

4 Likes

Have a look at France’s 5 penalties from last night

2 Likes