Exotic system

This thing is immense!

2 Likes

That’s a nice wine. Great with a good tomato based pasta sauce.

There’s no way I’m going to spend an hour watching that, but I do wonder what purpose at least THREE grandfather clocks all apparently working (moving pendula visible in early part of the video) If real, not just motorised pendula, instead of inky blackness from the low noise floor there’ll be a constant loud background multiple slow tick-tock, and chimes on the quarter and half hour and striking on the hour (in at least triplicate, unlikely to be perfectly synchronised). Perhaps his favourite track is Pink Floyd’s Time from DSOTM!

4 Likes

I had seen this video before but was happy to rewatch it. I couldn’t care less about the wine he was drinking; it should have been fine scotch! Anyway, I think it is a beautiful video. The man has fulfilled his dreams!

4 Likes

And unbelievably ugly!

2 Likes

I thought it looked magnificent.

That was just the hustle and bustle of NY city, it can so that to out-of-town-ers. :joy:

Scott

Or, just knows what he likes.

Could start a conversation on the meaning of the word ‘quality’, now where did I put my copy of ‘Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance’?

M

1 Like

I’m very much a “less is more” kind of person when it comes to aesthetics. I’d love to hear that TT, but no way could I live with it, it’s just too chunky-looking and bling-y for me…

All your taste is in your mouth! LOL

Well I certainly wouldn’t want to eat it! Something as big and heavy would give one indigestion or constipation, or both.

1 Like

Maybe, but it sure would taste good!

1 Like

That was when I lived there on Bleecker street…

1 Like

Not harsh, just « humour noir ». I liked it personally.

I talked about the price to respond to Gazza post above. But I agree, the price is not important.
I respect that man, his passion and what he achieved. It’s impressive.
However I don’t believe it’s the best system in the world, because there is always better, and secondly I don’t think that Krell electronics can compete with the best available today. But I may be wrong.

His speakers are inspired by Grandinote :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I knew Zen and Ikebana, Zen and art of tea, Zen and archery, but not Zen and mechanical maintenance :smiley:

I found it an interesting primer on classical philosophy. Spent a while trying to pin down what ‘quality’ means and to whom.

M

3 Likes

Fascinating! A guy who has built what he wants in a hi-fi system with the time and money to do so. As he is about my age I admired his positive outlook on life. Worth watching for this aspect alone.

3 Likes

It’s heartening to witness big daddy RD get excited amongst the bethren.