Exotic system

I think the video shows more clearly how he listens, and the distances too. Specially at the end of the documentary.

I’ve just scrolled to the end and seen his listening position (far too long a video to actually watch). If that’s where he watches movies from then the screen is probably OK - its just that the three maroon armchairs look like they’re ready for cinema use, which was the basis of my comments.

1 Like

I wonder if the clocks are another passion, perhaps preceding the audio passion, and an earlier DIY project?

am I the only person that thinks this guy has no sense of style or interior design?

3 Likes

No. Or rather he has a sense of style that is very odd to me! That’s why I said I think I’d like the room itself, but wouldn’t make it look like that.

4 Likes

Is he married? This whole thing, the hifi/interior design/spending power, smacks of bachelor!

He’s clearly married to the hifi and the room with its contents - an old married family (couple meaning two isn’t the right word!)

Ah, very possible. Maybe his second activity or past business.

The decoration is typical of a lot of rich American people who try to copy Versailles palace in their home. Or something like that. It’s a bit kitsch.
But however the man is interesting and passionate. He shares our common passion but with at a much more excessive level.

In the video he states he builds clocks also

I missed that. However I didn’t understood all.

Yes with children

A bit is pure understatement, lol.
Still, each to their own, but an oilrig in that room? Liberace would throw up his hands!
:scream_cat:

( Old Thurber joke: “he sthwallowed his handths?”)

Edit: get the joke right, stevie…sheesh!

1 Like

I think we agree, not ? The decoration is not to my tastes, it’s ostentatious . However I found the hifi, audio part interesting, as he built himself the room, speakers and system during 25 years. You don’t see that every day. If you listen to him in the documentary, he explains all he has done and conceived. The decoration is a detail.

3 Likes

In case you haven’t read it, a very interesting account of a Westener’s perspective is Zen and the Art of Archery (whose title was, I believe, the inspiration for the motorcycle maintenance. Quite aptly, as in Zen it does not matter what you do but how you do it). The author went to Japan as a university prof in the 1920s, when it all was still a proper mystery, and started to study Zen archery

2 Likes

It was one of my favourite, it’s a little braun book I have still in my library.
Author is Herrigel. Is it the same you are referring ?

Exactly, glad you liked it :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s obvious where the rest of the mans cash went lol.

Likeable Guy. love the sparkle in his eyes. That is what you want to get out of the hobby.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.