F1 - 2021 Season

I met him and his dad before he was world champion he signed his autobiography.
he is my idol. lovely people.

1 Like

Senna said to Williams he would drive for nothing.

I am looking forward to seeing how Perez compares to Verstappen driving the same car. I expect Verstappen to be faster, but the difference won’t be as much as with Albon.

3 Likes

Yes it will be but I think Perez is really good at tire management rather than outright pace, so where he is at the end of the race will be more telling and help RB in the constructors championship

1 Like

Hamilton has signed a one-year contract with Mercedes for the 2021 season.
No details as yet, whats a one year contract telling us I wonder.

George in for 2022. After Sir Lewis wins 8th Championship.

Unless Williams v2.01 turns out to be a winner of course…

McLaren are the first to unveil their 2021 car … MCL35M
First impression in my head says, tidy, clean lines & looks the business.
Plus it’s an all new car, not a revamp of 2020. The move to Mercedes power has resulted in a new chassis & wheelbase, gearbox, hydraulic, electrical & cooling systems.

2 Likes

Other news is that Red Bull will continue to use Honda’s engines after they (Honda) quit F1 at the end of 2021.
RB has worked out a deal to buy Honda’s F1 technology & will run the engines until 2024 with a new engine maintenance company at their Milton Keynes facility.
RB can do this because there is a freeze on engine development starting from 2022 up to 2024.
This applied to all teams so any future gains will have to be chassis, airflow & suchlike.
But as its F1, I suspect we can look forward to a few tricky work-arounds that will become pop up news on a regular basis. An all new engine specification is coming in 2025.

And DR’s loving his new McLaren road car, has to be better than his last one.

Yes he & the team are appearing to be in a good place. I’m hoping for a few shoeys in the months ahead.

1 Like

Actually, the writing has apparently been on the wall for a while…He had this a few years back.

He also owns a Valkyrie, a 918, a GT3 and a Megane.

3 Likes

Red Bull have launched their 2021 car, the RB16B.
Its a development of RB16, the 2020 car, with changes focused on improving stability.
Honda has brought forward a new engine that had been planned for 2022, despite that they are pulling out of F1 at the end of this season, leaving Red Bull the wherewithal to maintain the engine until the next engine formula change in 2025.

1 Like

Call me old fashioned…

G

5 Likes

No good as a Scalextric car model, far too many fragile plastic bits :grinning:

As much as one can but admire the craft and technical achievements behind these cars, they are so much bigger than days of yesteryear, it’s little wonder they struggle to overtake each other/can even run close-in behind.

Agreed.

In my view, all this talk of reducing aero over the last few years is just so much bollox. Simply sharpen up wing rules to allow only one at the front, one at the back, endplates no bigger than say 1cm around the rim and no stupid shark fins.

That will still give aero engineers a job on the floor, chassis and tub but should dramatically reduce the wake created by these stupidly extravagant pieces of very expensive carbon fibre. And reduce costs at the same time, a front wing is now about $250,000.

2 Likes

Mercedes have unvieled the 2021 car.
The W12 is an upgrade of the 2020 W11 car
They’ve kept the black anti-racism livery but with a fade into the old silver arrows colour on the back of the car, plus a flash of red to acknowledge their shareholder Ineos.
Reading a number of reports it appears they are being a bit ‘secret’ about the limited changes they are permitted to make, reading between the lines it seems aerodynamics & engine have been the main focus.

2 Likes

Sure it will be brilliant but wish it was either all black or all silver, preferably the latter, otherwise looks a bit meh!

It seems Ferrari have served their Punishment and have now got some more power back. Maybe some better racing?

Alpine (last years Renault) have revealed the 2021 car designated A521
Renault have swapped the old black & yellow for a blue, white & red scheme.
Its not clear about the A521 engine other than its Renault, I assume its the 2020 unit & had some tweaking.
Chassis is an evolution of the R.S.20 used in 2020

I thought there was a request a few years ago for the car’s number to be more prominent, so fans could better detect who was driving, noting the halo now hides much of the helmet.

All of the pics posted suggest all those swirls and curves on the bodywork now seem to preclude this? …and the bargeboards are now just more space for sponsors.

1 Like