F1 - 2021 Season

It’s notable how without the pink paint it looks even more like a Merc!

That’s a much nicer livery than the Merc too. Like you my first thought on the latter was all black would be much better.

The choice to paint the rear ‘fin’ black (unless just in shadow) on the ‘Aston’ gives a better profile imo.

G

HAAS struggling for sponsors still? Besides the Russian money.

And with two F1 rookies as drivers, a statement that they’re concentrating on their 2022 car and using a tricky power unit, I wonder if they’ll take up Williams previous position at the back of the grid?

That livery reminds me of the Brumos Porsches

1 Like

Looks not far off ye olde Martini livery?

…and another case of look hard for the car’s number. There must be a new reg that says there’s only one position for these now.

Williams have unveiled their FW43B
Its a rework of last year’s car, something forced on all the teams by FIA rules for 2021.
Sidepod & engine cover area bulges accommodate the Mercedes M12E power unit, & this includes a similar bulge in the bodywork on the lower part of the engine cover as have Mercedes W12 & the Aston Martin AMR21, this is suspected to accommodate the new variable inlet system on the Merc engine.
The eye catching blue & white paint job is said to be a nod towards the all conquering Williams of the 80’s & 90’s.

Another team looking for last minute sponsors.

Come on George!

Sponsors ??? what after last years team results.
Seriously I hope it works out for them, they have an exceptional engine & one driver that has proved he can mix it on the top table, I hope all the chassis & aero stuff can get to the same party.

The Williams looks the worst car I have seen so far which I hope is not a bad omen but usually is. Shocking colour scheme.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder …

2 Likes

Agreed.

Given it’s international women’s day…and I met her neice.

G

2 Likes

mmmm jury out for me on that one …

Yes, not the best is it?

That said, a lot of them look very similar in these PR shots, I wonder how much of the car is actually being revealed already and how much more is to come next week in testing?

Yuck, I hate the Ferrari’s paint scheme. It should be gloss red all over like in the “old days”.

1 Like

Yes that fade into the crimson at the back is just change for changes sake and does not look nice at all. Still the eye of the beholder and all that …

Stuff the paint & looks, this isn’t concours d’elegance, its engineering excellence.

Ferrari is last of the 2021 car lunches
They say they’ve made some gains in the engine wrt top end speed mainly with changes to the turbo area.
Under the two ‘tokens’ rule, the main focus has been at the rear end to improve rear end grip, this includes airflow to the rear of the car off the new front wing & underfloor & overall it all improves downforce.

All will become clearer when the pre-season testing starts at the Bahrain circuit from Friday 12 March to Sunday 14 March.

Was interested to see Jost Capito installed at Williams. He is a great guy to work with and for, as i did at my career in Ford. We were probably lucky to nail him down for 10 years or so. He has since bounced around industry, hope he sticks it out with Williams. Hope it works out for both parties🤞🏽

2 Likes

F1 Testing is go!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Shame about the sandstorm.
Nice to see all the new liveries in action.
Lewis not too successful with car