F1 - 2022 Season

Not this last season, surely?

I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of your post.

Sloppily worded by me.

“the last few seasons before this one obviously

1 Like

Do you mean like Hamilton at Silverstone?

Unfortunately I didn’t attend the stewards meeting, so I can’t say!

If you were there at the meeting, then perhaps you know why that specific conclusions was reached, and could then enlighten us?
Sadly the rest of us don’t have the benefit of that additional information!

2 Likes

Hamilton impresses me during his early days with not showing this „alpha dog“ behaviour on track. Schumacher and Senna drove like they had a God given right to own the track and succeeded. Lewis never really had to do that due to his raw talent and fighting spirit.
Exceptions exist, like that crash with Button in Canada (was it 2011?) but compared to some stunts that Max pulled this year it looks like child’s play.
Point I am trying to make: among all the great champions of the last 30 years, Hamilton stands out as a fair driver and simply the GOAT. And I am saying this being German and an avid fan of Michael Schumacher.

10 Likes

Without wishing to steal OP’s thunder, this is after all the 2022 thread. And nothing has happened yet. Can we now leave all the 2021/SLH/Max/Massi bitterness and tetchy bits in the 2021 thread?

9 Likes

I am really looking forward to seeing the new 2022 cars! I wonder if they will look very much like the models the FIA has presented? Can’t wait to see.

Oops, I didn’t notice that (but then for me reading things reliably is always something of an uphill struggle).

You could be right but I would like to think it would force more drivers into attempting overtaking manoeuvres as they could no longer rely on pit stops to gain places.

That would only be good.

The great races you remember are where they race on the track and overtake. Not where one team’s bank of supercomputers works out a slightly better strategy than the other’s.

2 Likes

Max need not worry he is a world champion. and he has a trophy girlfriend. and he is
only 24.

That is why i also like Moto GP. Every race one can have a different winner.
valentino Rossi never wanted to go into f1 because he would not like the team talking to him
While racing. He did have a test drive in a f1 car and he was very good. So he stayed with bikes.

1 Like

So just like Kimi then?

2 Likes

lewis is also a nice guy. He signed his book for me. And said iam sorry you had to wait so long in
The queue. I also met his father also very friendly.

2 Likes

When do they start revealing the new cars?. February?

None of the teams have set the launch dates yet.
But with testing starting on 23-February we can expect it to be during the first weeks of that month.

Some of the cars will be revealed a week or so ahead of the test days. Often teams use a filming day to do shakedown runs on the new car, if I recall correctly they can do 100km of running twice a year for this. Which can avoid embarrassing delays on the test days which result in lost opportunities to get the test mileage and program completed.

I’d put money on not all cars being revealed before first week of testing.

1 Like

And some arriving late and missing a day of testing.

1 Like

… and they are not the finished article quite often