F1 - 2022 Season

I find Indi far more enjoyable to watch, much better racing.
I also prefer bike racing to F1. Moto GP and WSB have you on the edge of your seat, it’s breathtaking some of the overtakes and block passes.
The problem is that F1 was my first love and I can’t shake the addiction, although I can’t stand all the hype a waffle the TV broadcaster come out with. The racing is boring and the FIA and Liberty are taking the sport in the wrong direction in my opinion.

4 Likes

I agree with both the F1 direction and Liberty. Also the excitement of ‘ bike racing. Ex biker here and my first love. The F1 is no longer about a single race though, it is a little like chess or a 5 day test match. It is still the build up over a weekend and the way fortunes change suddenly.

I find it difficult to watch, it’s become predictable and stale imo.

Don’t know why the don’t allow hot laps for qualifying, one lap no other car on the track.

The only person ever to be F1 champion and Indy car champion at the same time (albeit for just 2 weeks!).

1 Like

Another disappointing weekend for #77 - I am sure he wishes that the season would be over already.

And the winners today were the Safety Car and the VSC.

2 Likes

…and Alpha Tauri.:wink:

2 Likes

It’s not as if Alpha Tauri are owned by Red Bull. Ahh…

2 Likes

No conspiracy :innocent:

You have to feel a bit sorry for Lewis but in truth I suspect Max would have overtaken both the Mercs regardless

Ferrari seem to have taken a step back ( or perhaps stood still) regardless of their pit antics. There’s a fair possibilty for Mercedes to take second in the Constructors

2 Likes

Not if they keep screwing up the strategy and pit stops.

1 Like

Great to see Lewis having an Alonso moment there and telling the team exactly what he thought of them. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I think my main issue with todays race was all the pit lane shenanigans. There just wasn’t enough room for the cars to manoeuvre when other teams were out. Maybe it’s time to change to 1 team member per wheel to create some visibility and the potential for errors under pressure (Ferrari already demonstrating perfectly).

Mercedes did seem to exchange two podium places with a possible win for second at best with that last pit stop for Russell. Very odd.

2 Likes

Mercedes we’re never going to finish on the podium, let alone win, if they kept on the medium. Too much life gone, harder to warm up and everyone else stopped for softs. Russell made the right call in the situation. Hamilton should go a have a chat with Bottas to discuss how it feels to be on the other end at Merc.
Redbull got lucky (:thinking:) with the VSC and Max was too quick to pass, but he would have made short work of both Mercs if that had stayed on mediums.

1 Like

The new Ferrari F1 for 2023 has been unveiled

1 Like

3 Likes

Even with one blocking Max while the other pulls away?

Well the one blocking Max at the restart didn’t even last till the first turn. It was a done deal, unfortunately.

Probably. But if Lewis drives off and George is slower to get going it might have weekend. Can’t see George cooperating though

And the fans. Different strategies kept the excitement going throughout. I don’t think anyone was certain what the podium would look like until the last couple of laps. Even Verstappen, although likely throughout, wasn’t a certain winner.

1 Like