F1 - 2023 Season

I wanna know what was the reason why Alonso did not want to overtake Stroll.
Ferrari also was a s**t show.
Russel was excellent however. He could be a future World Champion!

…and poor yuki. :cry:

2 Likes

Agreed. I was surprised he did not get Driver of the Day.

Yeah that was a really harsh call. The commentators at F1TV were totally confused that they gave him a penalty for that.

I guess it wasn’t worth annoying the boss for a few extra points. He made it very clear that he could have if he had wanted to.

Well we are a few hours away from my home Grand Prix in Montreal from starting!
Just to let you guys know, they are announcing rain all 3 days of the Grand Prix, so it should make things interesting.

3 Likes

I think the 2011 edition whilst the longest GP ever was a fabulous race thanks to the rain. Great to see Button pass for the lead on the last lap after a few mishaps during the race and being last for a while.

Hopefully that puts all the fires out?!

I am not sure. The fires are pretty far away from Montreal, and it might not rain where the fires are.

In Montreal there is a possibility of thunderstorms this afternoon. It is not raining yet though.

Drivers don’t seem to enjoy their team mates doing well.

1 Like

So Verstappen thinks he can win the constructors championship without Perez?

I doubt MV is interested in the constructor’s.

2 Likes

His employer will be given their income is linked to it

2 Likes

This is really cool!

Good crowd for the Friday.

6 Likes

The CCTV cameras were not working in FP1, so the session was pretty much wasted. FP2 will be extended by 30 minutes to compensate.

At least the rain held off till nearly the end. A lot of people got very wet. Crowd control at the metro involves locking the doors.

3 Likes

I think you’re overthinking it. Reading the whole thing he’s just saying that he thinks Alonso deserves a win. He’s not saying he would vote for him if there was one.

His mind might say something different than his heart.

Albono!

Literally everyone wants Alonso to win a race this year, the fans, the commentators, everyone. Verstappen says that and he’s the bad guy again.

This thread :laughing:

5 Likes

I’m really hoping AM can succeed in the development race this year so we can get a realistic look at how VER and ALO’s race craft compares. Max was superb against Lewis and Charles tested him admirably last year. I feel the only other driver who could realistically challenge him is old man Fernando (OK, probably Lando too - but Mclaren tho :face_vomiting:).

Alonso said in his post qualy interview that the gap to Max this weekend might be more like 2 seconds as opposed to 20.

3 Likes

I’m a Norfolk boy so supporting boy George

4 Likes