F1 - 2023 Season

FP2 in Spain is over. Alonso is 2nd, while Stroll is almost a second off of Alonso’s pace in 18th.
Seriously?! How can Aston Martin keep such an awful driver who clearly is not getting the best out of the car?

There was a track comparison of Alonso vs Stroll on Sky and Alonso was faster in every single part of the track!

'cuz his daddy is a part owner of the racing team.

1 Like

The problem in limiting spend and development, ( inc engines) is that it is difficult to catch up if a team is ahead. One car could take every chequered flag this season. :yawning_face:

Indeed, one of the principles of a minor team commented earlier in the year that the front runners had commissioned, and paid for, wind tunnels and other back ground kit just before the cap. As a result, what would have been a 3 year cost spend then was now a 5 or 6 year spend for other teams before they see a return.

I might be wrong, but I thought building new facilities isn’t included? That only using them is.

There is a limit on capital costs of $36 million per season I think.

How bad are these McLaren’s this year. Good thing they got rid of Danny though he was such a drag on their performance.

3 Likes

A surprising Q1! Can’t wait to see what happens in Q3.

Not surprising, really. Alonso is one of the greatest drivers of all time

1 Like

By the way…

[‘Hey Jude’ music plays in background]

Naaa naa na nana naa naaa nana naa naaa LAAAANDOOOO!

1 Like

Williams…

1 Like

Deleted, please remove.

1 Like

Deleted, please remove.

Funny you should post that I’m just watching the lead up to the race. I was also thinking why on earth did I wait so long to post that. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

However I’ll own it (the post that is) they have had a horrible season so far, I’ll be rooting for him today.

Deleted, please remove.

1 Like

You’ve jinxed him. :grin:

Encouraging performance by Mercedes. Assuming this is their new baseline then it should be developed further during the season and form the basis for the 24 car
Not so good for Ferrari
Business as usual for RBR. Class of the field

3 Likes

Not the most interesting of races in terms of the winner once they got past the first corner.

Did Max fall asleep? It can be the only explanation for his numerous warnings.

Good to see more racing further down the pack. Alonso made me smile with his promise not to overtake Lance.

1 Like

The race was so boring that even Max fell asleep.

4 Likes