F1 - 2023 Season

Mr Sheen used to shine on all surfaces.

1 Like

Not on my wifes’ surfaces he didn’t…

2 Likes

Rossi out at Alpine. By all accounts he was more of a hinderance than asset. Perhaps now the recovery can begin. Could we see Prost back as an advisor?

Merc and Mclaren looking tasty in FP3. DR was also putting together a tidy lap before bailing out due to traffic near the end

Well there’s a bit of a surprise …… Lewis gets his first pole since 2021, beating Max by just 0.003 seconds.
Also good to see both McLaren’s on the 2nd row.

2 Likes

That’s cottage pie quali for you

2 Likes

And that result is very good for both of them, in different ways. Let’s hope Max doesn’t revert to his old way of driving and take Lewis, and maybe himself, out at the first corner.

2 Likes

Yes indeed, the tight 120 degree turn 1 might prove interesting, as might the reverse camber of turn 3 if they are still in close company.

He shouldn’t need to, but…

So surprised that Hamilton is back on the pole. He has been very good on this cct. so it would be very interesting to see who’ll be the winner.
A bit disappointed Danny did not do as well as I hoped. It would be very good for him if he scores a point or two. He won the race there in 2014. ( albeit in a different car…)
Norris looked good.

1 Like

Get in there Lewis!

2 Likes

Aston and Ferrari appear to dropping off the pace a bit. Great to see McLaren back up there. Looks like genuine improvements from the b spec car

1 Like

Lets hope Lewis doesn’t take Max off like previously too

1 Like

I thought Daniel did really well and qualified better than his teammate which is the first thing he needed to achieve. A very promising start I think and the AlphaTauri is in reality a back-of-the-pack car this year. Like you, I think it would have been wonderful if he had made Q3 but unfortunately, that was never going to happen.

3 Likes

Slightly off topic but anyone here have experience with Miami GP?
Just looking/planning to go next year.
Many thanks in advance :grin:

Unlikely.

Lewis wants desperately to win a GP this season and won’t want to risk a move where he might end his own race too. Whereas Max will win the championship this year regardless of whether he or Lewis or neither of them finish today. The risk is all of Max behaving immaturely rather than Lewis doing so.

2 Likes

Yes, essential to outqualify Yuki. Also he qualified only 4 places behind Checo! Was about as good a return as he could have hoped for.

Hmm all this talk of reverting to old and immature behavior…

2 Likes

Let’s hope Max has developed his racing brain since then & realised that there are 70 odd laps & the race doesn’t have to be won on lap 1.

By all accounts the Red Bull is still half a second quicker in race trim than the Mercedes so he will just have to bide his time.

Strongly suggest Lewis is a lot more concerned with winning than taking out Max. His elation at taking pole yesterday suggests he is finally getting over Abu Dhabi & winning is again the number one priority now he has a capable car again.

Would be good to see a clean, straight contest between both of them.

1 Like

30 seconds into the race. Over already?

1 Like