F1 - 2023 Season

Lol.

Obviously a 3 time world champion and hopefully more to come from another of the greats of the sport. No matter who you support itā€™s good to have the grace to acknowledge greatness when you see it.
Also well done Piastri, he could be joining them soon. Real class.

4 Likes

Completely ridiculous and absurd when your stupidly expensive Pirelli tyres canā€™t even do 5 racing laps before falling apart!

Typical of the clown heavy circus that is F1 these days to tell them they can carry on for a few more years.

Pathetic.

Happy days for McLaren though :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Obviously 2x world champion plus one which is rightly Hamiltonā€™s gifted to him by an incompetent FIA official.

7 Likes

2+1=3

1 Like

Well done, Piastri. Letā€™s hope you and the team can replicate the result tomorrow.

4 Likes

If you watch motor racing you will see many times times swhere safety cars affect race results. Max was superb that year, in the 2nd best car, and deservably won while Lewis floundered with many mistakes. Accept it. Its history just like Lewis beating Massa previously. There is no discusion.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be shocked if they can get a double podium tomorrow. I think the multiple safety cars saved them today. Over a full race RB just has better pace and deg

Well thatā€™s your opinion, but itā€™s not mine. We donā€™t need to agree. I know what I know.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be surprised as well but, hey, s*+t happens in f1. Ask Lewis. BTW, congratulations to Max on his proper second championship. Well deserved!

1 Like

Indeed, Max has had possibly the most dominant season of all time. Maybe heā€™s nursing a hangover tomorrow and Lando gets a P1 :rofl:

2 Likes

Agree.
Bring back Bridgestone!

2 Likes

Bring back Goodyear!

I compared Verstappen to Alonsoā€¦ Two top drivers.

Maybe, your figures show that says Stroll is not very goodā€¦ or at least not as good as Alonso.

But, why are you selecting qualifying times in one race anyway ? Iā€™m sure Stroll isnā€™t actually so bad normally :rofl:

Anyway, looking at your figures, Verstappen was half a second faster than Alonso. So this is because heā€™s a (half a second) better driver ?

Like I have said already (do I have to constantly repeat it), when it comes to the top drivers, ā€œItā€™s not (so much ) the driver, itā€™s the carā€¦ā€

Ask yourself these questions :

1. If, this season, Alonso had driven for RB and Verstappen for AM, who would have won the championship ?
  2. If, this season, Hamilton had driven for RB and Verstappen for Mer., who would have won the championship ?

Maybe? That kid needs to grow up.

Heā€™s also costing the team 2.6 mil so far this season.

1 Like

Iā€™m amazed heā€™s even been credited for two championship wins on this forum.
Donā€™t forget he only won last year because of Red Bulls disgraceful budget overspend. Apparently. :rofl:

1 Like

Now that you mention it. :rofl:

1 Like

How good was Piastri sprint race, kids got some talent.

1 Like

I am also impressed with Landoā€™s level-headedness. Heā€™s so humble.

It took them a little while to perfect it but I do think Adrian Newey is the key here. Heā€™s had dominant F1 cars with Williams and McLaren and I also see his own cars (eg e-type or Ford GT40) do well at Goodwood in historic races.

I also agree with your other comment about testing. These days the rule and budget changes do seem to limit testing but the pressure to succeed compels the search for an upgrade and it really does then seem to involve guesswork. Hopefully an educated guess but the comments from teams and drivers does point towards it being a guess. And itā€™s all small incremental changes.

A far cry from my formative years watching F1 when innovation included six-wheel cars, fan cars and whatever Lotus under Colin Chapman created.

2 Likes