F1 - 2023 Season

I expect Perez will be happy with this slip-up by Merc, it has likely saved his second place in the championship and possibly his seat for next year. Liam Lawson is probably less happy as it means Perez will be seat-blocking for another year. Ferrari is probably feeling a bit mixed about this, but on balance pleased that as a result of the Disqualifications, they outscored Mercedes and the fight for 2nd in the constructors is looking better from their perspective.

Also Ricciado’s disappointing performance. Perez is likely o perform well in Mexican GP, too.

Ricciado’s car had damage from early in the race that severely impacted performance, likely due to hitting debris. Unfortunate for Daniel, fortunate for Checo.

1 Like

Made me think of this again :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/E3R2PHda08I

1 Like

DR just can’t catch a break it seems! At least the next race is Mexico where he had a good day last year. Also we got the awesome “finger gun” overtake when he picked off Ocon. Hopefully we see that energy again.

2 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

Too funny…

1 Like

well, spend enough on it :rofl:

1 Like

Checo has to perform at his home GP this weekend otherwise they might look to ditch him despite all the warm words

2 Likes

That’s if Max gets out of Mexico in one piece after the podium reaction last week…

1 Like

Well he’s the fastest man on earth at the moment.

2 Likes

No problem.
Max is going to have a couple of bodyguards around him. :smile:

1 Like

Despite having won both championships already, RedBull is bringing an update to Mexico. I guess they’re testing stuff designed for the 2024 car?

1 Like

Would probably be daft not to. Test the direction with nothing to lose.

FP1 of course but Albon within 1 hundredth of Max. Very impressive

1 Like

Why not. I wonder if they are doing updates to both cars?
Perez does not like the current RB19 so maybe it might not be a bad thing for him.

A bit embarrassing for Perez to be beaten by Albon in P3, Perez in the fastest car and Alex in a much slower car. Daniel did pretty well too. Still, I guess by Checo scoring over 200 points less than Max it will be saving RB getting on for £2 million in entry fees for next year, so maybe that is enough of a reason to keep him.

Welcome back Danny Ric!

3 Likes

Great to see DR 4th on the grid however the biggest surprise the Ferraris sitting 1 and 2 with Max in 3rd spot.

1 Like

Bizarre that Ferrari don’t even know how it happened.

2 Likes