F1 - 2023 Season

Love it or loath it, with a 2 kilometer straight ( Straightaway for our US friends), it will be effing fast. I imagine the teams will be stripping the drag and downforce off the cars.
I suspect that the safety car might be busy.

I had two or three nights in LV in the 90s. Lets just say I will not be going back again.

2 Likes

I hope so theyā€™ll definitely be more entertaining than the race.

3 Likes

And here we all thought you go to watch the motor races :grinning:

2 Likes

Ah, the Blackpool Grand Prix. I can barely contain my excitement. Iā€™m firmly with Max on this one, but F1 has been all about the money for too long now. Time to let the new American teams in and see what they can bring to the party.

Does anyone think Charles Leclerc looks like a young Hugh Jackman?

After his F1 career is done, I think Chuck might have a chance to play Wolverine in the MCU after Hugh hangs up the claws! :laughing:

You can see both sides of the argument. Of course itā€™s a spectacle rather than a race but F1 wants to grow itself in the u.s. so is putting itā€™s own money into it. There will probably be a lot of crashes and safety cars due to the cold temperatures and tyres not working

No man!! What have you done? Now I wanna see Wolverine driving the car this week!

1 Like

Close enough?

4 Likes

Teen Wolf!

1 Like

Oh HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Iā€™m going to be giggling through the race on Sunday getting side eye from the wife. Thanks everybody :rofl:

Perhaps Pierre could take over from Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy aka Beastā€¦

2 Likes

yeah but did you see that 90Ā° curve at the end of that? Iā€™d reckon it will be tricky.

Maybe some hookersā€¦

1 Like

Please tell me Iā€™m dreamingā€¦:flushed:

3 Likes

F1 in Vegas, at the time they are"racing" isnā€™t for anyone in the US. Itā€™s obviously geared completely for the rest of the world. It starts about 11:30 PM EST Thursday senond practice is 3 AM in the morning on Friday. Same for Saturday. Race is 1 AM on Sunday. I think itā€™s unfortunate what Liberty and F1 have done to F1 racing.

1 Like

Must say the preshow was horrific. Journey???Journey??? :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Watching the FP1 right now. Sainz is out. Engine failure. Red flag. Ocon also quit.
Next weekā€™s race would be easier for EU folks broadcasting time wise.

And clock stops at 9 min! Manhole covers caused the damaged to Ferrari and Alpine.

Looks like I set my alarm needlessly :joy:

It looks like the FIA have succumbed to smell of money and forgotten the lessons of Baku 2019.
All the manhole covers should have been checked well before any car rolled over the track, not after the first 2 cars were destroyed.

2 Likes

No kidding. This is not their first rodeo!