F1 - 2023 Season

Surely Lando needs to be No 1 driver? He’s not going to get that at Redbull

2 Likes

That’s just like, your opinion, man - The Dude

RB stated it, they presented their figures to the investigators, the FIA did not contradict the statement and the penalties did not involve points loss from 2021. Do I think that that Christian Horner is all clean, nope, but all interpretations without the full facts in order to vilify RB are just opinions.

1 Like

It’s a forum. Everything is opinion…

3 Likes

And yet even on a forum opinions differ from facts.

Dunno what gave you the idea that I would not understand this and drive the need to comment on only this bit, but there it is.

Rules are rules full stop. Red Bull broke them. For me saying the rule break had no/little impact, so what. How about “just” an extra 100cc in the engine ?..

If folks break the rules there should be consequences and there were, rather large consequences.

The issue is that some keep on harping that this was not enough and that they will now apparently be doing it again to win. With a car that is a second a lap faster than everyone.

And really if anyone is going to respond that that comes out of a 0.4% overspend two years ago, come on…

Eventually we will end up with a thread that should be called F1 - 2023 RB bashing season again. Let’s focus on what teams have done good this year and focus on what they do bad when they really do it.

2 Likes

Without wishing to seem petty, the consequences were a reduction in wind tunnel time from approx. 230 tokens to about 210. Hardly crippling for the team with the sport’s most talented designer and demonstrably the most efficient aero of any car on the grid already!

But it’s done with now. Fingers crossed AM with talent from RBR and control from Merc. will fight the good fight.

So the purpose of the penalties should have been to cripple the team then? For a 0.4% overspend? What would the penalties then be if a team aver hits the 5% limit for a MINOR infringement? Have them and their families assassinated?

That last is of course said tongue in cheek but I think the actual purpose was not to wipe out the team that is leading the development at present but rather to be an example that any breach, however small, will be dealt with harshly. And that seems to me much more beneficial to the sport than taking out one of the contenders due to 400K. Don’t you?

In anyways yes, I too hope the fight becomes closer over the course of the year.

Nah, not even Geri.

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

@Kryptos my reply was not directed at you as you can see, it was a post in a thread so please do not respond to me putting your case forward. You have your views and this is an open forum so you are perfectly within your rights to express them but I am not looking to get into back and forth. I am a huge motorsport fan and travel the world to watch all forms of motorsport and raced for many years so have a modicum of understanding of what goes on. I had enough of this thread over the last couple of years hence I very rarely post now.

I have edited my post so that it is a non directed post on a thread on an open forum.

I think the wind tunnel restrictions will have more effect later this season and at the beginning of next season. Much of the early design work would have been completed by the time the sanctions for the overspend in 21 were imposed. Time will tell whether this is the case or not. What we need to hope for is that RBs advantage was partly track specific and that other teams will be closer or ahead on some other tracks so we get a competitive season.

1 Like

Yeah I think so too.

And Jeddah should suit Ferrari more so I guess we should have more information then.

But they would have to finish the race to benefit?

1 Like

Yeah there is that :tired_face:

Just seen an article where Lewis says they didn’t listen to him when designing the W14 and there needs to be accountability within the team. :grimacing:

1 Like

Might be true but sounds like he’s throwing his team under the bus. Bit disappointing imo.

4 Likes

Typical of him, great when its going well but stroppy when its not. He has enjoyed 8 years of superior equipment to everyone and now they are not, still one of the top mind. Imagine how Alonso has felt knowing Lewis’s car advantage.

5 Likes

Last year Alonso came out with a good quote when Lewis realised his Merc was a bit ordinary. He said, " Welcome to my world".

7 Likes