F1 - 2023 Season

Are you suggesting Alonso has never publicly complained about his car?

GP2 engine!

I was actually quite entertained by it. I appreciate it more than overplayed foodballplayers mediatrainedly mumble a bit about the team and how important the team effort is.

1 Like

Depends what they say doesn’t it. If they are saying “We’ve made some mistakes” that’s fine. If it’s “They should have listened to me” that feels more like arse covering

I feel like Lewis has had about enough of the “massive potential of the zero sidepod route if the potential can only be unlocked” platitudes that have been rolled out by Merc so often over the last 12 months. They absolutely should be listening to him and making use of his feedback. If that is not happening (and it sounds like he has been banging the drum internally for some time) then he is right to make his concerns public. He deserves to close out his career fighting for championships and that wont happen unless drastic action is taken.

Also, I know how stubborn engineers can be - sometimes they need a good kick up the arse. Source - am an engineer :sweat_smile:

… therefore we cannot trust you :slight_smile:

1 Like

OTOH, you’d hope they’d know a tiny bit more about aero than him.

1 Like

Clearly it’s a frustrating situation. But I don’t think criticising people in public does anything to motivate the team. It’s just deflecting blame.

1 Like

you’re absolutely right not to trust me!

I don’t think anyone’s disputing that. However it is taking them a long time to get it right

I remember him saying his team don’t make mistakes.
It’s pathetic, every driver wants a better car and moans about it if it’s not winning. I feel a lot more sorry for Lando, McClaren look in a mess and he has never had a car anywhere near the best.

2 Likes

And he doesn’t publicly blame his team.

He’s complaining about the car (last year) and he still doesn’t point the finger at his team. He does it with a lot more grace than others.

1 Like

Just remind me who prepares and tunes the car for him? If not mistaken with HIS own input.:thinking:

Well definitely not he’s mother but I think you’ve missed my point. He’s not publicly blaming anyone in the team he blames the car

Are you on opioids, Peter?

What stupid question, is that your only response if someone has a different point of view

3 Likes

To be fair, blaming the car is exactly the same as blaming the team. All the drivers can do is provide feedback and expect the team to develop it accordingly. Lando (along with Lewis) is one of those drivers in the upper echelon who, if given the right car, can win races and at the end of the day “if you’re not first, you’re last”. Frankly, I think he’s not been nearly critical enough. Imagine Max in Lando’s situation!

No-one wants to experience this in their workplace but in F1, when a team is failing to meet it’s potential, it is the way the game is played.

1 Like

Now curious to see whatelse Alonso can do in upcoming races. :star_struck:

1 Like