F1 - 2024 Season

Did anyone catch the VCARB shitshow toward the end of the race? Yuki (Hards) got asked to let Daniel (Softs) through to attack Mag and Zhou. Yuki kicked off and resisted for a couple of laps. By the time he finally let Ric through they then both got blue flagged for Max resulting in Mag extending his lead beyond DRS which completely ended their race. Yuki was so pissed he dive bombed Ric (and locked up!) on the in lap after the race!

3 Likes

Yeah noticed that. The orders made little sense.

1 Like

Had higher hopes after quali…

Haha! Daniel called Yuki a helmet!

Was that a Bell helmet?

1 Like

That was a bit pathetic. I also think that DR is really overrated. He should have packed his bags two years ago and do NASCAR or something.

3 Likes

I think he was quite measured considering Yuki’s behavior on the in-lap

Seems no one likes team orders when it goes against them, they always have a different perspective when it’s in their favour though.

Team orders are teams orders they’re generally agreed on before the race or talked through during. I agree with DR it was just a bit of frustration and immaturity.

Damn boring race though, certainly was worth staying up at 1.30am luckily I was already awake.

F3 much more entertaining and a ‘Williams’ win too!

1 Like

Jos Verstappen has called for Horner to step down in today’s Mail on Sunday, so looks like this will escalate

Yes, Jos as V still stirring and not letting it go away. He should zip it.

As much as I dislike Jos, he was not the one sending the texts, though.

Sadly I think he is right though. The media won’t let this fade away and it will be a distraction for Red Bull. Whether Horner was inappropriate or not is probably not the prime issue now, it is the potential reputational damage to Red Bull and F1 that will be the determining factor. Ford has already publicly thrown their oar in and expressed their concerns over this and I suspect other Red Bull partners will have done so behind the scenes or if they haven’t will be doing so shortly.

2 Likes

Well allegedly the PA that Horner was messaging is now in a relationship with Jos.

I have no other evidence of this other than my wife from “mumsnet” forum :joy:

3 Likes

I spotted an article on bbc news which quotes Jos V as denying he was behind the release of the messages as Max is v settled at RB so why would he, and in the next breath claiming that Horner had to go as he was causing division. :person_shrugging:

I thought it was interesting that this first came out in the Dutch media. I don’t much believe in coincidences. Also, whoever leaked it had access to pitlane email addresses. It is a small demographic who have that.

1 Like

Although Jos Verstappen is more the type to punch someone’s lights out than to scheme behind ones back.

2 Likes

Yes. He’s way to unsophisticated for a coordinated action.

3 Likes

Never underestimate the shrewdness of a “traveler” with a grudge though.

1 Like

Hmm.