F1 - 2024 Season

Ok, maybe I spoke too soon

Ooooh that was a lot closer than I expected. OK the pole was not unexpected but that’s not a huge margin for Race 1.

3 Likes

Excellent to see, so many quality drivers, so close with very equal cars. 5 teams are there or there abouts

1 Like

Verstappen on pole again… Yawn. Over 2 tenths faster than everyone else.
I get the feeling the race won’t be close…

It will be from 2nd place onwards

1 Like

I agree. He is on another level. Total goat.

2 Likes

You started early. Either you’ve got a fever or been drinking!:joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, thank yog

At speed an F1 car travels between 10 and 20 metres in the blink of an eye.

Assuming then an F1 driver blinks a 1000 times during a race, then each one of them drives a mile every race with their eyes shut.

5 Likes

I think this is literally the coolest factoid I’ve ever read on the F1 threads here so far :smile:

Thanks, I was feeling a little bored earlier so did some maths…

1 Like

How long is the blink of an eye?

Ah, well a bit of research brought up a lot of answers to that one.

Do you count from the moment the eyelids start to move and are then fully open, or just the time they’re completely shut?

It also takes a moment for the eye to ‘wake up’ and focus each time apparently.

General consensus seemed to be about a third of a second.

3 Likes

Appears a number of sandbags have been revealed…

2 Likes

Looks like a ‘free’ pit stop coming up for MV

2 Likes

Groundhog Day.

2 Likes

Oh well, a bit of a non-event.
I just hope that race finally turns out to be the biggest bore of the season.

OK I will still follow the engineering (thats my thing) but if it carries on like that, I might give some of the races a miss.

2 Likes

Agree with the engineering. To be able to do this should have Newey share the top step of the podium with Max today.

1 Like

Pretty much Noah’s Ark at the top of the 'board. Doubtless Sky will be all over things discussing all the mindless issues and introducing more idol speculation about why cars and drivers didn’t perform as hoped. Plus ca change…

I think Newey is saving his appearance on the podium for Abu Dhabi, where he will celebrate the RB20 winning 24 races in a row.

2 Likes