F1 - 2024 Season

Where would you prefer to work?

Ferrari of course, but I am Italian. I think Newey rejected a contract in Ferrari several times in the past.

Would it be cynical to suggest that Newey has found development of the new RB engine for 2026 is not going as well as hoped & is keen to take his designs to a team with a proven power unit?

1 Like

Would not be surprised to see him at AM seeing as they are picking up the Honda engine deal

1 Like

Red Bull have now confirmed Newey is leaving in 25.
Will be interesting to see if he retires from F1 or ends up with another team.

3 Likes

As much as it pains me I am glad he is leaving RB. Horner’s behaviour and the treatment of the complainant has really put of me off the team.

I remain a Max fan, but my team loyalty is no more. I hope Max leaves as well.

[EDIT]: Just read on official RB comms that he is stepping down from F1 design duties to focus on the RB17 hypercar where he will remain involved until its completion. So perhaps nog going anywhere else after all.

You do wonder how much he can be around RBR team this year and what he will take with him to the new team of choice (Ferrari) in 25/26? He can’t un-know what he knows!

It might be that he indeed actually retire if the lawyers cannot get him out of the non compete clause or it will be only 2027 season when he’s available.

How to Build a Car Vol2 gonna be spicy :hot_pepper:

30 years without Ayrton…

1714319436-ayrtonsenna

4 Likes

Remember it well in 1994. Murray Walker commentating

It seems that Eddie is Newey’s manager/negotiator.

1 Like

Well I hope Max will not see the same fate as Hamilton.
Bad cars = losing streaks = Ferrari

Unlikely for quite a while, Pierre Wache has been doing a lot in terms of design at RB with Newey overseeing. So it is not as if all knowledge is going away instantly.

Oh and I misread here. Newey is working on the hypercar from now and stepping back from F1 already and then he is free to leave without gardening leave next year.

Apparently Newey has turned down Aston approaches, is seriously thinking about Ferrari but would prefer to stay in the UK. McLaren and Merc can afford him but McLaren have come out and said they’re not in the market…Clearly Toto is keen on Max, perhaps a double deal discount is in play!

If this happens I think the neighbours three doors down will hear me laughing maniacally.

Can’t see why Max would want to “downgrade” from RBR to Mercedes unless the whole politics thing might make him want to leave

1 Like

What does his dad want?

1 Like

Money to soften the pain?

2 Likes

I think Jos sees himself as a team principal somewhere and will lever his son’s ability with whatever team will give him, Jos, a management role.