F1 - 2024 Season

Lance Stroll’s inconsistency is the biggest issue for me. On rare occasions, he has shown speed and the ability to get the best out of a car. Mostly though he trundles around not getting the best result the car is capable of or making another rookie-level mistake. I am unsure if this is because he needs a car in a very specific set-up window, that he rarely achieves, or just down to him being so variable as a driver is due to his temperament I don’t think at the moment he is demonstrating that he is at the level to be in F1 and I feel that he needs to be consistently closer to and possibly beating Alonso once or twice this year to justify being in F1.

2 Likes

He is the Chelsea of F1.

2 Likes

I think he just does not care. Doing it as an expensive hobby.

1 Like

He exhibit a typical rich kid syndrome.
What a difference between Norris and Stroll how they handle their mistakes in a race.

1 Like

I once knew a chap who was into racing. He was from a rich aristocratic family. Then the 2008 financial crisis kicked in and suddenly he started to develop crowd funding initiatives for his racing. I wasn’t too social I’ve to admit.

Roman Grojean drives like that. Stroll is not the only one.

1 Like

10 podiums in 9 seasons. I’m not sure that equates to Stroll.

1 Like

Now the fun begins. If true.

Cats and Pigeons :astonished::astonished:

That’s bigger news than any driver swap! Be interesting if he ends up at Ferrari with Lewis. Talk about stars aligning.

Red Bull has just released a statement saying they are not aware of his intention to leave.
So is it a case of no smoke without fire or someone using a cement mixer to stir the proverbial?
Either way, lots of websites will get lots of clicks and ad income.

2 Likes

It may be different stars aligning than you think.

1 Like

Even better if he rocks up at Merc. :grinning:

Brilliant :joy:

Yes, they haven’t got a clue at the moment.

All the coverage on Newey seems to be in agreement he is leaving RB. Red Bull is saying he is contracted to the end of 25 and they are not aware he is joining another team. Could it be that Newey has decided to retire from F1 at the end of his current contract?

Hulkenberg to Sauber=Audi.

Ollie Bearman to Haas?

2 Likes

Red Bull’s biggest asset?

How does Lewis do it? He was considered naive at best when moving from McLaren to Mercedes, now he’s going to be paired up with the Milton Keynes Magic Man.

Why not Aston Martin @Jamiewednesday?