F1 - 2024 Season

My point is that Max doesn’t like teammates who can push him regularly and Carlos did this, it was an acrimonious relationship as it was with Daniel towards the end of their paring.

I would like to see him with a driver closer to his level, I think the more mature Max we see today would handle this better than when he was younger. But RB has ensured by keeping Perez opposite him that we won’t see this until 27 at the very least.

2 Likes

Maybe with Sainz there was an issue? But as I wrote earlier, Verstappen and Ricciardo are on good terms. Both have publicly expressed this on different occasions. Ricciardo’s issue was with the team.

I honestly see no evidence of such issue as you describe. There’s been one teammate he’s had a bad relationship with (I’ll take your word for it), that’s not a pattern. And that driver left the RB family after they were no longer teammates, so likely there was more at play.

I agree it would be nice to see him have a teammate that can keep up better. I do not get the contract extension for Perez, especially not it being a multi-year deal.

1 Like

1 Like

oh what a bummer.
Poor Sainz. :expressionless:

So Haas or Williams… he sure does not deserve either…

Merc does not want him either it seems…

I have always assumed that DR left Red Bull because he appeared to quickly establish supremacy/dominance over recent 4 time champ SV & felt that the world was his oyster & he would be champion before too long having the full support of his team.

Then having seen SV off, along comes MV who quickly gains the teams support, is clearly the faster driver, demoting DR to number 2 & destroying his confidence, making him decide to leave rather than play second fiddle to Max.

I was unaware of any animosity from Max towards Daniel as he could easily see he was the superior driver by quite some distance.

1 Like

I think DR and Max are good friends, while most of what you said is true don’t think either of them carry any grudges.

Max is the better driver but DR is a much better personality.

1 Like

Verstappen - Perez: 4 seasons
Schumacher - Barichello: 6 seasons
Hamilton - Bottas: 5 seasons
Hakkinnen - Coulthard: 6 seasons

I think it makes more sense to count in seasons.

Interestingly, the longest RedBull driver pairing is still Vettel - Webber, with 5. But assuming Perez serves his full contract, and Verstappen also stays on that length of time, they’ll get to 6 as well, equalling the legendary Ferrari and McLaren pairings.

1 Like

Max was last paired with Carlos years ago when both were new to the sport and had a lot of maturing to do. Dunno how valid it is to use how he reacted as newbie to the sport at younger than 20 years old as support for saying he does not want competition after being 3 times WDC. All his own comments have been to the contrary.

[EDIT] This came by and it is 'n great explanation: PlanetF1 article about why Perez was extended

Sponsorship money from Perez?

1 Like

Really the best they could come up with?

Blimey, what’s the point?

1 Like

Might there have been an interesting job at he FIA for Adrian Newey ?
I guess it’s too late now.

As with elections, F1 regulation changes make me think of a Who song. A change but no meaningful change when the dust settles.

I read a few weeks back that the movable wings to reduce drag on straights was mainly to do with enabling the cars to get to the end of the race with the new power units/ amount of fuel.

It didn’t sound great.

Barely defines as nimbler cars when only 10cm narrower and only 30kg lighter. And now we get ‘overtake mode’. They’re disappearing up their technical posteriors. And the irony of the following!

‘But also having higher top speed allows you to recover more [energy] when you’re braking at the end of the straight.’

F1 is disappearing up its many exhaust pipes from what I can see, if you’re going to reduce weight then make it a big reduction, 100kg.

Size wise, get the cars a good 25cm narrower, really challenge the designers.

Delay the changes until 2027 but make them dramatic not a quick nip and tuck.

1 Like

I live in Montreal. I can tell you that there is a 70% chance of rain on Saturday, and 40% on Sunday. We might have a wet race.

4 Likes

70% for qualifying might be interesting

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

There is still a 70% chance of rain for Saturday, here in Montreal. But, the probability has gone up to 65% for Sunday.

4 Likes

Bit different from here.

It’s 100% chance.

Every bloody day.

1 Like

Perez repaying RBs faith in him. Not!!!

3 Likes