F1 - 2024 Season

Certainly 50 since the start of the 2022 season.
Not sure it is as many as 70, very few other drivers have had a look in.

Max’s GP record since the start of 2021 up to and including the 2024 Spanish GP

2021 10 wins from 22 races
2022 15 wins from 22 races
2023 19 wins from 22 races
2024 7 wins from 10 races

If my math is correct that’s 51 wins from 76 races including the Spanish and joke race of 1 lap at Spa.

1 Like

Would be funny if Mercedes keep improving and next year are regularly beating Lewis in red. Especially if they have the - what is he - 17 or 18 year old

2 Likes

I think there is a good chance next year that the Ferrari drivers will take points off each other. Not going to happen at Red Bull and not much sign of it happening at McL.

Okay, I guess the speaker was correct. Thanks for the clarification.

Pierre Gasly has signed a contract extension with Alpine and Lance Stroll has agreed a deal to stay at Aston Martin.

Both drivers will remain until “2025 and beyond”, said their teams, who have not revealed the exact length of the contracts.

I expect Stroll’s negotiations with Aston were tough…

My brother in law’s best friend was very senior at Williams when Stroll signed for them before the 2017 season.

Despite admitting that their car wasn’t up to much (mainly due to a disastrous mistake calibrating their new wind tunnel), by halfway through that season they were convinced they must have signed Lance Stroll, just not the racing driver one.

2 Likes

Made me smile. :grin:

Aston Martin will never be able to aspire to be a top team, as long as they handicap one of the two cars with the owner’s son.
Lance Stroll has no business in F1.

Being Canadian myself, I would be happy if F1 had a good Canadian driver. Stroll, and Lattifi before him, are hacks.

1 Like

BUMMER! :rage:

2 Likes

Well that takes AM out of the race to challenge for top positions in the constructors championship.

It’s a bit bizarre what AM are doing, they could have had a team of Sainz and Lawson two young drivers who are very good and will move the team forward, but instead they have ended up with Alonso who is not as good as he used to be and the owners son.

Very odd.

2 Likes

Even though I agree that AM could have a better driver line up I have to say Sainz is not actually that young anymore. If they are looking for the future success they might need to look elsewhere.

Sainz is only 30, that is a fair bit younger than his Spanish compatriot.

Don’t get me wrong Alonso is a great driver and one of the best but age is not on his side, Carlos would be a better long term investment for AM, and anyone would be better than Mr Stroll Jnr.

1 Like

… only 30 or already 30 :sunglasses: depends which way one is looking but of course younger than Alonso. Anyhow AM should be looking for a future talent. Nowadays F1 is more and more young men’s sport.

1 Like

Reported on the race dot com today that Yuki Tsunoda has been fined $40,000 for using an ableist slur. It is not that long ago that Verstappen used the same word as an insult about Lance Stroll and didn’t even get a reprimand from his team or the FIA. It seems that Max can get away with a lot more than Yuki, I wonder why this might be. Double standards or maybe something else?

What was the exact word?

I am not going to repeat it, if you want to know go to “the-race dot com”.

We will soon not be able to say anything.

3 Likes

f****** r*******

I got the first part but can’t figure out the 2nd word. :thinking:

Rhymes with ‘petard’, as in hoisted by…