F1 - 2024 Season

Nice to see RB in the top 3 today for a change. Max must have been pretty desperate to swap the engine in spite the 10 Grid Penalty.
What’s up with Yuki’s 60 grid penalty? :flushed:
Did they rebuild the car for him?!

2 Likes

Flat out in 8th through Eau Rouge in the rain on intermediate tyres. Oh my. And then that last sequence to the final chicane, basically without lifting. It’s truly remarkable.

3 Likes

:grinning:

Well that was all a bit unexpected!

Great race. Result not clear until the end.

1 Like

Hats off to George. Great call. Reminds me Prost and Button. Driver making the decisions.

Not clear now – it seems George’s car may be ‘light’ = DQ

1 Like

1.5kg Slam dunk.

2 Likes

No warm down lap picking up marbles.

Weighing the wheels now

Blimey, Helmut not only sticking the knife into Perez, but twisting it, withdrawing it and stabbing him in the face!

I wonder if he may not be back for the Dutch GP, at least not in an RBR…

Said it before, it not for the bad luck, he’d have no luck at all!

3 Likes

After the race, Ted suggested not being able to do a lap of tyre pick up may have cost him.

I checked this out and yes they expect each tyre to pick up more than half a kilo of rubber!

1 Like

What a crap disqualification! Nice way to ruin what was a great race. That is 2 lucky wins for Hamilton this season…

2 Likes

Crikey

He was 1.5kg under . That’s a lot of rubber to make up.

1 Like

There are quite a few articles about how much sponsorship money, from Mexico presumably, Perez brings to RB which “helps” the MV salary. He seems important to the team.

It was fuel level not rubber that lost the 1.5 kg.

Sad though. Merc really does has the ability to screw up their drivers efforts.

Easy I’d have thought. Pick up a can of something, that’s all that’s needed on each, those tyres get coated in at least a cm of the stuff on a ‘pick up’ lap. What’s the surface area of an F1 tyre? At least 1m square I suspect…And a cubic cm of rubber is what, c.2g?

1 Like