F1 - 2024 Season

Danny R’s contract with VCARB has ended. Lawson announced.
A shame but also inevitable with his lack of performance this year. Lots of speculation already about what he might do next.
Lawson’s in-season promotion also being an audition for Perez’s seat next year is gaining traction within the F1 press.

1 Like

Yes, as you say a trial I guess for RBR next year. Daniel apparently has business interests outside racing so he’ll probably disappear although he may have a PR role given his personality

1 Like

Farewell Danny Avocado, your smile and personality will be missed.

My bet he’ll end up in NASCAR his popular in the US.

3 Likes

Just read that Lawson found out 2 weeks ago but DR only got told on Sunday night. What a joke

That’s terrible. :expressionless:

Cutthroat. Just like any other British business.

DR really deserved a better farewell.

1 Like

Did he?

I like DR but he hasn’t got the results that he needed to keep him in the drivers seat, F1 is ruthless business and totally results focused, if Lawson scores points he will have the seat next year.

Sargent didn’t perform so lost his drive, Daniel hasn’t performed so has lost his seat, I am still wondering how Perez has kept his seat with RB.

1 Like

No complaints, the points table is merciless.

But there should have been clarity and transparency so that Sunday night could have been a proper farewell. I find it unfair that DR was not given the chance to get the love of the fans and the recognition of his colleagues.

Just a proper shake of hands.

You can be ruthless but elegant, this was not the case.

2 Likes

Daniel knew, he commented afterwards that the GP might be his last so he was well aware of what might happen.

F1 fans keep up to date with the gossip so they were fully aware, and I’m sure that Daniel would have done the rounds after the race.

2 Likes

F1 is an American business, RB are Austrian and VCRB are Italian.

1 Like

But it’s a British sport. :wink:

2 Likes

Actually, the FIA is a French institution so it is more of a French sport, which is dominated by British-based teams that are now mostly owned by companies and private equity funds based in other countries, i.e. Red Bull. Liberty owns the commercial rights etc.

1 Like

O dear, we’re covered until F1 lands in the twelve united colonies of North America.

1 Like

Ah but the FIA isn’t F1.

The FIA sanctions it and was responsible for initiating the F1 world championship. F1 as a commercial entity was formed by Ernie during the FIA/FOCA disputes during the 80s.
The reality is that F1 is now a multinational operation, owned by shareholders based in many countries around the world who are hoping to fleece fans to the maximum extent possible whilst leaving them with an illusion that F1 is mostly a sport. The only sporting bit is the antics of the drivers on a few Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, the rest is rampant capitalism hiding behind a veneer of entertainment.

7 Likes

Lol

1 Like

Just been confirmed that Renault will cease the F1 engine project and use a Merc engine.

1 Like

Really, that’s interesting. Perhaps getting ready for a sale to Andretti!

1 Like

Or to another group, I think besides Andretti, two other groups were trying to get into F1.