F1 - 2024 Season

Blimey, huge smash at start of F2 race, yet everyone walks away. Amazing.

Can’t help but feel that even just a few years ago you’d have been looking at something very bad indeed.

Yes, similar to Paletti’s crash in 1982.

Sensational!

1 Like

Piastri, what a drive!!!

4 Likes

McLaren’s team orders conundrum didn’t get any easier today! Absolutely top drawer display from Piastri demonstrated to us all what a talent that guy has in only his second F1 season. In fairness, Norris drove a fab race also showing what a great package McLaren have developed for their drivers.
Huge congrats to both drivers and to the team who now lead the champiohship. I didn’t expect to be seeing that happen in 2024!!

From euphoria in one team to despondency in another… After perhaps his strongest performance this season, my sympathies go out to Perez who crashed out with Sainz. I’m not 100% sure how much blame there is to pin on Sainz/ how much it was a racing incident, but either way massive disappointment for both drivers, esp Perez who has been stuck in the doldrums forever. The on-board camera images illustrated the madness of not immediately getting a safety car or red flag out - the amount of carbon fibre debris was clearly dangerous for all other drivers on track.

Peter

A shame the Norris got caught out in Q1, another car in the mix would have just added to the race. That being said Oscar drove a great race and is a well-deserved winner. George’s luck still seems to be fitted with an on/off switch. Good to see the Williams drivers and Bearman score points. An enjoyable race with lots of action, Baku again delivers. Whilst I agree with the stewards that it was a racing incident, Perez needs to remember that the driver of the car behind has the best chance of avoiding contact.

2 Likes

Sergio/Carlos a racing incident. Hard to see really but it look like the Ferrari got caught by the rbr right rear wheel spearing him off to the left. I suppose the only thing to say is Carlos perhaps got greedy after a lovely overtake on Checo would have given a 2/3 podium but he decided to have a crack at the ailing Charles which left him off line instead of consolidating third place

Seems like one of the big stories of the weekend could be Max refusing to talk in the post-qualifying press conference and I think FIA has effed up sanctioning him for this, pathetic sabre-rattling by Mohammed Ben Sulayem who is still proving he is not up to the job. Which is a shame as there has been some good action on the track so far.

5 Likes

MBS can just F:;# off!

Right, where’s my F1 pitlane community service then?

2 Likes

Better than the race?? Worth a watch.

Looks like Danny Ric’s last race for a while maybe full stop

1 Like

I am convinced that Max shattered his confidence & that he has never properly recovered from it.

Having out performed SV at Red Bull he clearly saw himself as world champion material & MV showed that this was not going to happen.

Rather sad for such a buoyant, but ultimately, unrealistic character.

2 Likes

Yeah I really do not know what happened to Ricciardo. I sure that he will bounce back from the set backs but the odds were stacked against him or needed more therapy.

I stand by my theory on the previous post, having heard nothing at all that appears to contradict it.

Rumours abound this morning that Bottas partnering the Hulk at Sauber in 2025 is a done deal.

He’s too much of a personality to leave F1. If not a driver, I’m sure we’ll see him back in another role - which may suit him actually better.

1 Like

it is kinda sad tho. I am sure that’s NOT what he had in mind…

Just finished the last episode of Drive to Survive. Johan Cruijff, how did Will Buxton make it through so many seasons? I cringe every time he comes on, before he’s even said anything. And half the time he doesn’t actually say anything, despite using words

That show would be so much better if the parts with him could be skipped.

Huh?!?

Wtf are you smoking? :joy::joy::joy:

Obviously not same stuff as you.:wink:

1 Like