Factory Tour

Before I forget, there were also quite a few of CD5SI’s around. Guestimate would be 10 being soaktested and 10 more in parts (cd drawers etc).

Didn’t expect it but apparently its still going strong.

3 Likes

I thought - perhaps wrongly - that Naim had more or less moved on from production of CD players.

Same here. I assume that many people want a cd-player in case of they want to spin a disk and have it as a secondary or even tertiary source after streaming / vinyl.

I agree, and most people will have built up extensive collections of CDs, and may soon have nothing (from Naim, at least) to play them on.

…apart from Core plus ND5XS2 or NDX2 or ND555.

Perhaps it was modernising designs to use SMDs, needing a wave soldering machine, as well as wanting to increase production capacity, that led them to do this. Presumably they are made in the place discussed here:

1 Like

Yes, they had been doing some excellent SMD board work for Naim, hence why it was decided to partner with them to provide the extra capacity needed.

1 Like

Yes, I am giving serious thought to one to go with my ordered Nait 50 .

When my Nait 50 is delivered one will be brought for me to have a listen , my greatest audio urge is to minimise box count . As far as the audio rack is concerned , my CDX2.2 (digital output only) will be retired , and it will then be Turntable, Nait 50 and CD player , I have an old CD player but my first point of call is a Naim CD5si

Ian

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.