Naim To Share Manufacturing

Word on the street that Naim are to share manufacturing.
Might satisfy servicing demand.

Provenance?

1 Like

There are those among us I think that might say “Not made at Naim, Not a Naim?”.

2 Likes

FWIW, I think it’s just a plan to try to ease the problem of resource that has been an issue for a while now (too little capacity at the factory and a shortage of skilled personnel). Naim got a lot of flak over the long waits for product the last year or two and this plan should mean that in the short to medium term, such issues don’t reoccur. With projected demand for the new 200 kit to be way beyond the factory’s current capacity, its probably makes a lot of sense. Naim can’t expand the factory any more and so a solution had to be found.

AFAIK, it’s with a “trusted partner” and everything was set up by Naim production engineers, everyone involved trained by Naim, all overseen by Naim, using all Naim parts and processes, and everything tested by Naim - so a completely “Naim” operation, just off-site.

31 Likes
1 Like

Quick, cancel that “Old Classic” kit selling spree :partying_face:

4 Likes

Hopefully it’s no different to us fully trusting Darren at Class A to service our gear

9 Likes

Thankyou.

1 Like

I’m told that build will be identical to anything at HQ - which makes sense with the Naim trained personnel, Naim parts, Naim processes, Naim oversight, Naim factory testing etc… Think of it as adding an extra wing to the factory, just not attached or nearby.

7 Likes

Still in the UK?

No

EU. Which with recent UK events probably makes some sense…

11 Likes

What’s recent UK events. Brexit?

5 Likes

Yes, but obviously that’s a discussion that ends here as it’s in breach of the forum’s “no politics” position.

8 Likes

I can see where this thread is heading.

1 Like

“Designed and made in the UK by Naim Audio” ??

1 Like

Be interesting to see what the labelling says. Photos of New Classic clearly state “Designed and made in the UK”

From the language used in this thread it sounds like they haven’t started leveraging the new facility yet?

Good move.

3 Likes

Obviously any of the units built in the EU facility can’t say made in the UK. It’s important to note that this is to give Naim extra capacity above and beyond what the current factory can provide.

8 Likes

Sub contracting part or all of a ‘build’ is very common in manufacturing whether that be onshore (UK), near-shore (EU) and/or offshore (China for example).

Often for anticipated cost reasons but also to provide increased capacity and flexibility. What, in my experience, is vital to ensure is that the quality of build and production is tested and maintained to the level required.

Richard

4 Likes